Nathan Ake

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't see him coming if he's going to be 3rd choice, he won't want that

I should have phrased that better. I think he will start 30+ games a season. He could also play left back, left side of a back 3 which I do think Pep will trial more often next season or even defensive midfield as cover when needed. I don’t think he will be coming purely as a squad player, he will get loads of starts but what I mean is in a 4-5-1 / 4-3-3 he would be the 3rd choice option for centre back position in a big game.

I have watched a lot of Ake. He has always stood out in their games against us. You can’t judge him on being part of that calamitous Bournemouth defence - nobody did that with VVD at Southampton.

Seen some comments on the MOTD compilation - he wasn’t playing in half of the clips and in the ones where he was he wasn’t at fault for any.

Most people here have not watched him play except against us. Bournemouth fans have watched a lot of fair- average premier league players over the last 5 years but they are all pretty clear that he’s the best player they’ve ever seen and is levels above anything that they have ever had. At the very least that should tell those of you who haven’t watched him that he’s not just an average premier league player.

If we didn’t have Laporte then I would genuinely be happy with us targeting Ake for left centre back for the first 11, there aren’t too many better left footed centre backs around. Put it another way, he’s better than any centre half we’ve had since the takeover with the exceptions of Kompany and Laporte. Said it before, we will be lucky if we can get him as 3rd choice.
I’m not sure what else people want tbh he ticks all the boxes plus to add to your post he’s got a decent goal scoring record as a defender.

If we are interested in signing him let's hope there's negotiations going on behind the scenes, only it has gone a bit quiet of late

Last edited:
How do you tell John Stones his time is up at City before the Champions League? I doubt this move is on before the champions league is concluded just to keep John focused on his job.

How do you tell John Stones his time is up at City before the Champions League? I doubt this move is on before the champions league is concluded just to keep John focused on his job.
There players are professionals, its ruthless business, not charity. He is not going to play anyway and knows hes going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.