Nathan Ake

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need an out and out defender, a hard bar steward whom takes no prisoners, someone who strikes fear into opposition strikers.

We have enough nice footballers , now we are desperate for some steal and leadership.

Also need a hard man in midfield, it would transform this team and make us unbeatable.

We need an out and out defender, a hard bar steward whom takes no prisoners, someone who strikes fear into opposition strikers.

We have enough nice footballers , now we are desperate for some steal and leadership.

Also need a hard man in midfield, it would transform this team and make us unbeatable.

They still need to be comfortable with regularly receiving the ball and distributing it. Our system does not allow us to have a weak link like that in the chain.

They still need to be comfortable with regularly receiving the ball and distributing it. Our system does not allow us to have a weak link like that in the chain.
No, we have more than enough footballers, but we have no steal or leaders in our team since Vincent Kompany departed.

No, we have more than enough footballers, but we have no steal or leaders in our team since Vincent Kompany departed.

The two aren't mutually exclusive. Vincent Kompany was hard but still a 'footballer'. We can't and won't have some brash lump signed who can't play with the ball at his feet, it'll cause more problems than it solves.

The two aren't mutually exclusive. Vincent Kompany was hard but still a 'footballer'. We can't and won't have some brash lump signed who can't play with the ball at his feet, it'll cause more problems than it solves.
I am not talking about a "lump" I am not Fat Sam Allardyce, I am talking about a defender who knows how to defend, the opposite of John Stones

I am not talking about a "lump" I am not Fat Sam Allardyce, I am talking about a defender who knows how to defend, the opposite of John Stones

Everyone wants one of them. Why wouldn't they?. The issue is getting in some in who's a excellent defender of decent size and pace, AND who has ability on the ball. They're very difficult to find nowadays.

But if it's a choice between John Stones and some lump who can't pass a ball to save himself, it's gonna be John Stones every day of the week I'm afraid. That's the way continental managers play and rightly so with the results they get. We need to focus on defending from the front, not the back.

I said, until someone actually plays for us i.e. In our system with our other players, it is impossible to know
Fair enough. Maybe my initial wording seemed too matter of fact, for which I apologise.

I think we’ll see at least five high profile departures in the summer. Bolstering our defence will be paramount.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.