Nathan Ake

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t agree with that. If we really wanted someone why didn’t we just ship Otamendi out?

The centre back position only became an issue after Laporte got injured and nobody could predict that happening.

It became an issue before that. when Pep decided Fernandinho could replace Kompany and Rodri could replace Fernandinho it became a problem. Neither came close to doing that this season. We could have coped with Laporte’s injury had those replacements been better

Now with Bournemouth relegated, Aké should be available quite cheap. Considering the homegrown quota and our need for a left-sided CB backup and a bit of cover as LB, he would be a great signing. He is fast and knows how to defend, but how is his crossing ability? His experience as LB seems quite limited.

The relegation should help in our negotiations but it will also mean more clubs may be interested. I'd like to see a deal for £25m that could rise to £30m with add-ons. That should suit everyone nicely and would mean Ake + Torres is funded by the Sane sale plus one or two small CFG sales.

the more cancelo excels on the left the less he will be leaned on as a left back, but I still like the deal for between 25-30 mil

I think there'll be a few clubs interested in signing him, he's probably leaving his options open for now

So if we sign someone who can provide cover at LB... assuming no one is cuing up for Mendy and Cancelo's new found fervor for the position: Zinchenko is basically done for or can he slot back in to cover for a more natural for him midfield role?

So if we sign someone who can provide cover at LB... assuming no one is cuing up for Mendy and Cancelo's new found fervor for the position: Zinchenko is basically done for or can he slot back in to cover for a more natural for him midfield role?
I can't see that happening TBH. He has Rodri, Gundo and probably Dinho who would play ahead of him as a #6. In a 2 man midfield those 3 and either Bernardo or even Kev could be used as well. I also don't see Zinchenko being creative enough to play as an duo #8 IMO.

I can't see that happening TBH. He has Rodri, Gundo and probably Dinho who would play ahead of him as a #6. In a 2 man midfield those 3 and either Bernardo or even Kev could be used as well. I also don't see Zinchenko being creative enough to play as an duo #8 IMO.

I also struggle to see a spot for Zinchenko in the team. I think he's going this summer. He won't play ahead of Gundo, Rodri and Ferna in midfield, and probably not Cancelo and Mendy, and adding Aké to the mix who is a much better defender than Zinch, I just cannot see him staying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.