Nathan Ake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the £40 million fee correct? Seems a little steep for a recently relegated player.
A way of addressing Chelsea's buy back clause potentially. If they can get him back for £35m, go higher and test their resolve. They've already spent elsewhere and are chasing Havertz, another 5m maybe takes them out of the running in favour of other priorities.

A way of addressing Chelsea's buy back clause potentially. If they can get him back for £35m, go higher and test their resolve. They've already spent elsewhere and are chasing Havertz, another 5m maybe takes them out of the running in favour of other priorities.

Chelsea's buy back clause expired in June

Is the £40 million fee correct? Seems a little steep for a recently relegated player.
A couple of reasons i think boss. Homegrown English tax and Chelsea had a first refusal on him i think so this was just enough to put that dynamic to bed. If we were offering 10m or something Chelsea may have bought him just to put a bump in our road.

I personally think we are also straight rollers in such negotiations. A fee was likely agreed before their relegation and we stuck to it. To often you see clubs not at the top table get cherry picked and low balled. Especially relegated clubs, its good innitial business on your books but it likely sours relationships, kicking a man when he is down and all that. I would wager Bournemouth and ourselves are on good terms which will bode well for any future deals between the two clubs.

Edit: i see Chelsea's deal expired in June so thats already not a reason.

Edit 2: Apparently the clause is still active.

Last edited:
IS Pau Torres left or right footed?

If he is right he maybe plan B for Koulibaly

Pau Torres is left footed. I don’t think we’re going for him now with Aké inbound. I do believe United will snatch him. Shame really, he’s good.

Does someone want to tell him about Garcia...

What about Garcia? Only Barcelona’s mouthpiece is saying Garcia is going back to Spain, no credible sources what I know off.

I agree to point 1.

But point 2. suggests Aké would cover LCB and LB. As been said, Zin would be surplus and
block a free spot. Normally we try to have 2 players per position.
Maybe that 19-yo Ait Nouri from Angers comes into play. Just a thought.

I think Zinchenko and Angelino are both on their way out so I believe Aké will play at LB quite a bit. If Citys only intention was to have him as a strict Laporte backup, I don’t think he would’ve joined us. For me, another LB would be too much.

Pau Torres is left footed. I don’t think we’re going for him now with Aké inbound. I do believe United will snatch him. Shame really, he’s good.

The difference is ake has already played prem league so we nkow he can do it - really good players come from abroad all the time and some struggle - some dont of course.

What about Garcia? Only Barcelona’s mouthpiece is saying Garcia is going back to Spain, no credible sources what I know off.

I wouldnt be bothered if that happened tbh - Id rather get Stones back on track as he is the better player when both playing at the top level

I think Zinchenko and Angelino are both on their way out so I believe Aké will play at LB quite a bit. If Citys only intention was to have him as a strict Laporte backup, I don’t think he would’ve joined us. For me, another LB would be too much.

I think Zinch will def go but Redbull have said they cant afford Angelino due to the affects of Covid19 - so i reckon there maybe another year added tot he loan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.