NATO

Hard to take anyone who thinks NATO members have to fight for America seriously when Belgium, Canada, Denmark, France, Iceland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Greece, Turkey, Germany, Spain, Czech Republic, Hungary, and Poland all declined to join the United States war in Iraq.
Which NATO members were involved in Afghanistan or even Bosnia.

What are you thoughts?

Is it a purely defensive alliance or is it an alliance that is a tool for western imperialism?

Does it act as an arm of corporate military suppliers or is it a necessary tool in the armoury against an aggressive Putin?

Is NATO basically an extension of capitalist power or does it make you sleep easier at night?

I was against the Iraq war, Blairs compliance has arguably led to the issues we face with immigration and small boats today.

It is something that is rarely discussed, it is sort of accepted that being a member of NATO is a good thing, it has after all meant no war in Western Europe since the end of WW2 , which is a good thing. Yet war seems a real threat and Putin talks about nuclear weapons.

It is a real quandary even for me who has been a life long supporter of CND and an anti war advocate.
I love the use of “arguably” for Blair … He’s a war criminal and should be behind bars

The ones who are in the UN and decided to?

Or have you forgotten there were more non-NATO countries in Bosnia than NATO ones?
I was simply asking the question as you knew who was involved in Iraq.

Why are the Hill discussing stuff from a press conference a week ago, where Zelenskyy says what people have said for years as if it's news?

What is newsworthy about the idea that Russia will come for Baltic states next? It's what their governmet have been saying since before this war started.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.