Navas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has he stood up his opposing fullback and beaten him since he's been here? I was expecting a lot more than he's delivered so far.

He's worked harder and tracked back more than I thought, but been less destructive than he can be.

Personally I think he's feeling a bit of pressure and isn't really willing to take risks yet, playing too safe really.

thenabster said:
For me, the jury is still out with him but I will reserve my criticism and wait till January to reassess. Just like Jovetic.

A sensible approach I think.
But he was powder-puff tonight;
#AlwaysMilner

He's a different player than what I expected. I was expecting a winger who'd skin a full-back every chance he got.

However he's good on the ball, comfortable coming inside(not sure we need that though), tracks back well and, when gets chance(inc set-pieces), his crossing is spot on.

I don't think he'll ever win motm but he certainly offers a lot to the team

kippaxblue76 said:
6/10 performance from him tonight, still plenty of improvement to come I hope.

Agreed. Early days in his City career though he looked a little scared to me today.Needed to get involved more

The simple issue is the imbalance which stretches our midfield because he hugs the touchline for vast periods of the game. It showed in the Bayern pitch maps, so really I think we need an out and out left winger when we want to play with Navas, or at least someone with a bit of zip who will pin the opposition back down the opposite side.

It's not his fault really.

NAVAS......

was so ecxited when we signed him, but he's been so fuckin poor so far? i no players sometimes take time to adjust, but im so dissapointed with him so far,lightning winger??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.