Navas

Status
Not open for further replies.
That pitch didn't help tonight. Thought he played alright actually, he tracked back a few times to bail us out and put in one or two lovely crosses.

Pitch was a factor, I think he was more of playing it safe as he would look to pass more and cut inside, he still puts in a variety of lovely crosses and almost had an assist. He's also had a bit of a break in games so he wasn't going to be as sharp.

I think a lot of us want to see him take a few more risks, especially when he's directly facing a fullback. 9/10 times so far we've seen him hit a backwards pass to Fernandinho or the like. I think we're all alright with taking the risk that a forward move will end up giving the ball away, and all excellent wingers do lose the ball more often than other players, so I really think he needn't be so afraid of doing what we've heard he's capable of.

I thought he was terrific vs NU. Since then he's been very average to invisible since. Even though he's done very little he does receive a lot of attention defensively. The position seems to be concerned about his pace and it does leave more space for others but he needs to be better. I expected to see him getting to the touchline past defenders a lot. Since the NU I've not seen him beat anyone. It's still early in the season and he's getting used to a new system in a new league with established superstar players so I can see how it would take him time to bed in. Not unlike Fernandinho. So I still have confidence that he'll come around but I think he needs to show some improvement before he starts any more big games.

He's been ok, but I definitely think he's been a bit timid and refrained in attack - bit too one dimensional as well.

I've seen enough of him to suggest he can play much better so I think we just need to be patience while he gets more comfortable. When you're as lightning quick as he is you're always going to be an asset.

I think his best contribution for us is essentially the same role he plays for Spain. Not a starter, because perhaps he doesn't have the influence or goals in him to make an impression the way Silva, Nasri or Jovetic can do, but perfect to bring on when we either need an outlet to counter if we're already winning, or chasing a result if we're not.

He has a lot of growing to do at City though. He may be a Spanish International but he's been in Sevilla his whole life. This is different football, in a different place. We'll have a better idea after a season.

For me Navas is useful only when we counterattack. He is very quick, has pace. The best example is 4th goal against United. But when we play static football (positional attack) he is useless. He can’t make a lovely pass like Silva, he can’t shot from distance like Milner or Yaya. When he is 1on1 9 times of 10 he will pass the ball back because he is not capable to make some tricks to beat opponent, especially EPL defenders who are 2x stronger than him. For example, Adam Johnson was much better in positional attacks.

Dont think it was the right game for him tonight with the pitch etc. It will take time to settle my only criticism so far is he isn't running/taking on the full back as much as I would like

I'd still rather have Nasri over him. He stuggles to take on defenders, so i reckon predominantly using him after 60-70 minutes against tired full backs is the best way to go for now.

Re: NAVAS......

burnley blue mcfc said:
was so ecxited when we signed him, but he's been so fuckin poor so far? i no players sometimes take time to adjust, but im so dissapointed with him so far,lightning winger??

Don't agree...........he has NOT been " so f*ckin poor so far"..........Bollocks. He needs time to settle in. Some games he is good - other games we expect much more. Give him time/.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.