Navas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like him but like others have said I dont think ive seen him run/beat a man yet. On Wednesday he just kept firing it at the defender and hoping for a corner

conormcfc said:
eddiemarin09 said:
I'm amazed how many people are doubting Navas. I won't doubt him and I would start him every match he is one of the few proven world class talents we have
Proven world class?

When was this? Certainly not at Sevilla. He has never performed at a world class level at any point in his career.
Are you for real?

He is a fast winger who look scared to knock the ball past his man and run, so fucking frustrating when you want him to just kick it up the line and run, or at least try and beat his man

Hopefully he will settle down and his confidence will come on which may bring on his ability to beat his man, but at the minute he seems reluctant to take his man on which is weird considering how fast he is

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/344714/Jesus-Navas-can-be-a-Man-City-star" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/footba ... -City-star</a>

What do we all think of this? The article quotes him as being too timid. I would go with 'soft' - and I believe that if he can gain the muscle and drive then he can be a killer right winger for us. In the games that he's shone in - Newcastle and the Derby he hasn't had to contend with much in terms of physical battles down the right. I think he needs to learn how to get past his man, and those men he faces here are much larger than those he faced in his time at Seville. Just my 2 cents.

Swiftfoot said:
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/344714/Jesus-Navas-can-be-a-Man-City-star

What do we all think of this? The article quotes him as being too timid. I would go with 'soft' - and I believe that if he can gain the muscle and drive then he can be a killer right winger for us. In the games that he's shone in - Newcastle and the Derby he hasn't had to contend with much in terms of physical battles down the right. I think he needs to learn how to get past his man, and those men he faces here are much larger than those he faced in his time at Seville. Just my 2 cents.

you think he needs to build more muscle? he's 27 theres no chance of that, not even sure it would be possible given his body type. It would require eating his own body weight everyday and it would kill his game

mcfcjosh said:
I know it's early days and he needs more time to try and prove himself but does anybody else fail to see what he offers our team at the minute?

He has a chance to really make a name for himself in a team crying out for a decent winger and he just isn't doing it so far, I expected to see him running at defenders with pace and beating them but I don't think he's done that once yet.

At this moment in time i'd have to agree .....

i expected a bit more from Navas , but maybe it'll come in time.

I did however warn though that despite Negredos excellent goal total last season , Sevilla had THE worst away record in the entire Spanish top flight.

black mamba said:
mcfcjosh said:
I know it's early days and he needs more time to try and prove himself but does anybody else fail to see what he offers our team at the minute?

He has a chance to really make a name for himself in a team crying out for a decent winger and he just isn't doing it so far, I expected to see him running at defenders with pace and beating them but I don't think he's done that once yet.

I'd have to agree .....

i expected more from Navas , but maybe it'll come.

I don't think he is a dribbler, much more somebody who uses his pace to get onto balls in behind the fullback. The problem is when we play teams defending so deep there is no space behind the fullback or when he receives the ball with 2 or 3 players in front of him. I suspect we'll see the best of him against teams that attack us and leave space for him to run into. Or like Spain do, use him later as defenders tire.

mansour's tow ropes said:
Swiftfoot said:
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/344714/Jesus-Navas-can-be-a-Man-City-star

you think he needs to build more muscle? he's 27 theres no chance of that, not even sure it would be possible given his body type. It would require eating his own body weight everyday and it would kill his game

Come to think of it that's actually true. Not sure if that means he'll be ineffective in the PL? Reports of him before his arrival often referred to his 'bag of tricks' that would 'terrorise' fullbacks but truth be told I think we haven't seen a single one of them yet. Here's hoping he finds his mojo soon!

black mamba said:
mcfcjosh said:

I'd have to agree .....

i expected more from Navas , but maybe it'll come.

99% of fans wanted a winger introduced to the team, and rightly so, as when teams defended deep we seemed unable to stretch them and so open up opportunities when sides defended deeply.

One of the issues of bringing in an out and out winger is we have lost some of the sublety of no longer having a nasri and silva playing together, players who are are able to retain possession better and have the vision and ability to pick pass offensively in the final third. This is only hunch but it feels like we are not able to dominate the opposition the same way. Teams like Hull, in particular have had large amounts of possession and so when Navas is not offering the threat offensively by beating an opponnet you do wonder if the sacrifice of a Nasri or Silva is worthwhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.