Navas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Navas superb down the right, silva or nasri or milner cant offer that in that position. Excellent option.

shevtheblue said:
conormcfc said:
eddiemarin09 said:
I'm amazed how many people are doubting Navas. I won't doubt him and I would start him every match he is one of the few proven world class talents we have
Proven world class?

When was this? Certainly not at Sevilla. He has never performed at a world class level at any point in his career.
Are you for real?
That's why I won't even respond to that stupidity ..to question navas's class is laughable

I don't think anyone's questioning his ability as a winger, or his class, just his ability to show it consistently at the highest level, especially against teams who are focused on locking him out.

Swiftfoot said:
I don't think anyone's questioning his ability as a winger, or his class, just his ability to show it consistently at the highest level, especially against teams who are focused on locking him out.
Which leaves space for others to thrive in.

Silva, Nasri, Jovetic, Aguero? Who gets left unmarked?

Deepest Blue said:
Swiftfoot said:

I think the problem is that it only takes 1 man to nullify his threat at present. If 2 or more opposing players get sucked in towards him, then well and good, but I don't think that's happening much at present. Sticking in one fullback is enough to make him hesitate or try to slam the ball off the fullback's buttocks to get a corner. No one's really getting freed up all that much. In the Bayern game (which I know everyone else also performed poorly in) leaving him isolated on the right flank didn't really open up much space for any of our central players.

Swiftfoot said:
Deepest Blue said:
Swiftfoot said:

I think the problem is that it only takes 1 man to nullify his threat at present. If 2 or more opposing players get sucked in towards him, then well and good, but I don't think that's happening much at present. Sticking in one fullback is enough to make him hesitate or try to slam the ball off the fullback's buttocks to get a corner. No one's really getting freed up all that much. In the Bayern game (which I know everyone else also performed poorly in) leaving him isolated on the right flank didn't really open up much space for any of our central players.
I don't think the that the Bayern game is one where Navas should be judged, the tactics were all wrong, and he had no hope of affecting the game.

Mixed for me so far, some good, some bad, I think I'll let him settle in first, before I draw any conclusions.

cleavers said:
Swiftfoot said:
Deepest Blue said:

I don't think the that the Bayern game is one where Navas should be judged, the tactics were all wrong, and he had no hope of affecting the game.

Mixed for me so far, some good, some bad, I think I'll let him settle in first, before I draw any conclusions.

Fair enough, but if I had to point out one more criticism (not a Navas-hater by any means) it seems that he isn't making full use of his pace. I haven't yet seen him outrun a fullback to a ball down the right channel, in fact I recall more than one occasion where the fullback actually outpaced him and got to the ball instead. During the derby in the buildup to Nasri's goal I would have loved to see Navas make full use of his pace and blaze forward, but upon watching replays it would be absurd to say that he was light years ahead of Fellaini after a long dash down the right flank. I know he has got quick feet, but I don't think he's actually shown us what he's all about in terms of pace just yet.

He has occasionally outpaced fullbacks and put crosses in though, its certainly not 'never', but maybe that is not what the manager is asking him to do with his game, just because we as fans like to see a winger in full flow, doesn't mean the manager does, he also has to fit in with the rest of the teams play, and just bombing past the fullback wouldn't. I think he's linked up well with the team in some games, but not so in others.

Its early days, lets see how he develops within the team.

cleavers said:
He has occasionally outpaced fullbacks and put crosses in though, its certainly not 'never', but maybe that is not what the manager is asking him to do with his game, just because we as fans like to see a winger in full flow, doesn't mean the manager does, he also has to fit in with the rest of the teams play, and just bombing past the fullback wouldn't. I think he's linked up well with the team in some games, but not so in others.

Its early days, lets see how he develops within the team.

Agreed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.