NDJ doubters ... do you need further evidence ??

Sabster said:
He played brilliantly today no doubt.

But for me he still lacks pace and a physicality that the best DMs have.

In a a more open game he would get found out (commiting himself, lack of pace and poor positioning) but in games like this he is brilliant.

what the fuck....?

"lacks physicality" ????

Seen enough performances with and without NDJ to know he is pivotal to the way we play - the arrogance of suggesting we don't need him against LESSER teams beggars belief.
I know this is a forum for all opinions - but to still not be convinced by him shows ignorance.
Some would be better off on 9/11 and Moon Landing conspiracy sites.

Amazed how his "sideways" passes keep finding our attacking players.

Sabster said:
oakiecokie said:
I thought it only fair to ask you,seeing that you refuse to answer an important question I keep raising "WHY KEEP BRINGING UP THE SUBJECT OF LAST SEASON" and secondly are you an "armchair critic" or a Blue at all and if so do you actually attend the games at Eastlands ??

I attend the majority of the London games it is quite difficult for me to travel from London to Manchester each week

-- Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:43 pm --

Lucky Toma said:
You've had abuse yes but you have also had lots of people explaining clearly why they think your assessment of NDJ is flawed.

Truly I haven't. If you would care to give me one I would be happy to take it on board

Re my unanswered post from yesterday...

Is not the prem the best league in the world??
And is not Nigel de jong one of the best at what he does in the best league in the world??

So please tell me what that makes him ??
Its all about playing styles and commitment...Rooney and Messi are deemed world class yet their style of play is miles apart so what makes you think that Nige isnt world class ??
Compared to whom. ??

In the world cup Rooney and Messi certainly didnt play like world class players in fact they were poor..

So i ask you again..

1.what is your definition of world class.. ??
2. Name another world class player who has the same playing style as Nigel de jong..?? you probably cant tbh which makes your argument a tad weak..

Because you have no other players to base your assumptions on..

or do you ??

samharris said:

And is not Nigel de jong one of the best at what he does in the best league in the world??

Its all about playing styles and commitment...Rooney and Messi are deemed world class yet their style of play is miles apart so what makes you think that Nige isnt world class ??
Compared to whom. ??

In the world cup Rooney and Messi certainly didnt play like world class players in fact they were poor..

So i ask you again..

2. Name another world class player who has the same playing style as Nigel de jong..?? you probably cant tbh which makes your argument a tad weak..

or do you ??

1. My definition is the best squad in the world i.e. 25 players in a world squad. Sadly De Jong would not get close to it.
2. That is my point no other DMs or any other players in the world have a style like De Jong they all have far more facets to their game. But I am happy to accept De Jong is ranked 1 out of 1 for players that solely tackle (and are extremely slow).<br /><br />-- Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:36 am --<br /><br />
corky1970 said:
Sabster... who the fuck are you ???

why does anyone have to give a " coherent" answer to your questions.your not the fucking almighty.your not some fucking Sage with mystical powers we have to prove our worth to.

you just another man, that has obviously been on a course for the mentaly challenged( you must have been on a course as your idiocy cannot be natural)

so i dont want to respond with fact....your opinion is against the grain..its not the norm.its leftfield....but dont fuck around sunshine.....we ( proper) City fans dont need to legitimise our opinions to you.

you know why

cos we have the power of SIGHT !!

jog on London boy . let the real men talk football

cnut

I agree you don't have to legitimise any opinion to me. And obviously the majority of people won't but the simple fact that not one person has really put out a coherent reply to the fact that De Jong lacks most of the facets to be a successul desroyer:

Pace, Strength, Commited (tick), Reads the game well

I will reiterate when the game becomes more open (as last year), he will be bypassed time and time again.

And just for the record. Yesterday GB was our star man in midfield:

9 Tackles vs De Jong's 4
Both had 4 interceptions
42 successful passed De Jong 35
1 Block against 0

So I reiterate, 9I have made this point on numerous occasions), what is the point in De Jong when Gareth Barry is better at breaking (every single stat suggests this) up play than him and covers more ground AND has 10x the technical ability and creates chances???

Football's never the same after De Jong plays.

It was a fact that Man City played like 11 De Jongs yesterday. Which turned the game into a kamikaze sort of battle. Which Ancelotti and co found no adequate answers.

But Chelsea plays a relatively slow game. Sabster you've got a point there. But if I were you I wouldn't spoil the party.

I've been here long enough to know it. :-)

corky1970 said:
Sabster said:
1. My definition is the best squad in the world i.e. 25 players in a world squad. Sadly De Jong would not get close to it.
2. That is my point no other DMs or any other players in the world have a style like De Jong they all have far more facets to their game. But I am happy to accept De Jong is ranked 1 out of 1 for players that solely tackle (and are extremely slow).

-- Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:36 am --

I agree you don't have to legitimise any opinion to me. And obviously the majority of people won't but the simple fact that not one person has really put out a coherent reply to the fact that De Jong lacks most of the facets to be a successul desroyer:

Pace, Strength, Commited (tick), Reads the game well

I will reiterate when the game becomes more open (as last year), he will be bypassed time and time again.

And just for the record. Yesterday GB was our star man in midfield:

9 Tackles vs De Jong's 4
Both had 4 interceptions
42 successful passed De Jong 35
1 Block against 0

So I reiterate, 9I have made this point on numerous occasions), what is the point in De Jong when Gareth Barry is better at breaking (every single stat suggests this) up play than him and covers more ground AND has 10x the technical ability and creates chances???

to try and justify your opinion you are starting to undermine and slag of NDJ .......

you aint a blue !!

period

Just reiterating my point....
(No response to the actual points I make jut an insult)

But I bet you you spend the rest of your time criticizing Ade, Jo and gareth barry.

Sabster said:
samharris said:

Compared to whom. ??

So i ask you again..

or do you ??

2. That is my point no other DMs or any other players in the world have a style like De Jong they all have far more facets to their game. But I am happy to accept De Jong is ranked 1 out of 1 for players that solely tackle (and are extremely slow).

I'll ask you again, if there are so many better DM's around (IYO) than Dejong
why didn't Mancini replace him?

why did Hughes buy him?

Why does he start every game?

Did you go to the Blackburn game where he was so obviously missed?

Why is has he got 50 caps for the Netherlands as a DM?

No physicality?

You argue that Barry does a better job, in case you haven't noticed when Barry gets forward that is when Dejong makes most of his tackles but you wouldn't know that because you dont attend.

This is the point i put across yesterday but you chose to ignore it,

He is one of the best at what he does in the prem, breaks up attacks time after time, hardly ever gives it away and is always in the right place. That is what he is in the team to do and it allows others on the pitch to play there game, it's that simple. Top 1/2 in the prem at what he does and on his day the best.

To sum it up i think your problem is that you dont go to the games and therefore only use TV highlights, match stats and newspaper reports to make your judgement, have you nor realised that 99% of replies on here are against you, that in itself should tell you something.

As a defensive midfielder De Jong is the best in the world. As a midfielder he is very good. I said elsewhere, if Mancini can improve his passing and vision (as he has done already) then De Jong could be one of the best all round midfielders in the world.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.