Ned V Micah

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Blue Hefner said:
Maybe he isn't the best going forward but he can defend, Richards can do niether.
He got sacked cos we let too many goals in so he might not be the best man to back your argument up with

I would say he got sacked because we won 1 game in 10 but alright mate

I think we only win 1 because we let in too many goals, i don't remember many nil-nil scores. You keep saying Richards is better but what is he better than Onuha at? Or any other half-decent right-back you can think of?

Blue Hefner said:
ManCityX said:
Micah is the better all round player. As much as it was good to see Nedum score yesterday, he was awful from an attacking point of view. He gave the ball away around 6 of the 7 times he linked up with Johnson and had Mancini going mad, whether it was from a heavy first touch or with a cross Dumbo would be gutted with. Having said that I thought he did well defensively and probably just edges Micah in that respect.

I strongly disagree, perhaps you could explain a bit further

Richards and Ned are both good players.....I'm sure Mancini will keep both, good, powerful in the air players and young to boot!
Too many Micah haters on here, got to say I prefer him to Zab in the right back position.
Seem to remember Edgehill having the same kind of hate brigade.

Didsbury Dave said:
I'd be delighted to keep them both, and I'd be surprised if we wanted to get rid of them.

But I've a feeling we could lose both because the players want to move on.

I think they are both at the stage in their career where they need to be playing every week. I don't think either would for us after the summer signings. But they'd both be great squad players at least.

Both excellent young players who i hope will be around the club for a long time.

I think they are both at the stage in their career where they have much to learn and have the opportunity to progress under Mancini and be part of something special.

Blue Hefner said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
I would say he got sacked because we won 1 game in 10 but alright mate

I think we only win 1 because we let in too many goals, i don't remember many nil-nil scores. You keep saying Richards is better but what is he better than Onuha at? Or any other half-decent right-back you can think of?

I would say it because he couldnt get them to play as a team and consistantly played toure even though he was shockingly short of form

He is quick, strong, despite what you say quite good at going forward, chips in with goals, always backs up the winger with some good interchange play.

I admit that he has posistional problems i mean thats plainly obvious

But if you think Neddy is a right back then this argument is a lost cause

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Blue Hefner said:

I would say it because he couldnt get them to play as a team and consistantly played toure even though he was shockingly short of form

He is quick, strong, despite what you say quite good at going forward, chips in with goals, always backs up the winger with some good interchange play.

Maybe Onuha isn't the best right-back but Richards will NEVER make a top player and seen as though teams are talking around 10mil for him, I would sell him and keep Neddy as reserve right-back/centre half

imo the best footballer out of all 3 possibilities is zaba

richards is not a footbally, he's an athlete, strong, quick and athletic
he has no footballing brain, no idea how to pressure an attacker, no idea when going forward and his urgency to get back and defend when he loses the ball/the attack breaks down is poor

onuoha is also very much an athlete playing football, however imo he is a much better footballer than richards, passing, tacking and effort and better understanding of how to play the game!
he's played very well in the last 2 games and deserves to keep his place for the derby

zaba however is a great footballer (certainly not an athlete!), good passing, great crossing, decent pace and good understanding of the game, though he does dive in a lot

imo at the moment with all 3 available for the derby i'd start onuoha and have zaba on the bench

and if i was to get rid of one it would definately be richards

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Blue Hefner said:

Neither are right backs are they, let's face it. Center backs possibly. At which I'd have Nedum every time.

But your "chips in with goals" line made me chuckle. 4 goals in 6 seasons. Brilliant.

DTKOAG said:
Fully agree with DD.
Richards without a doubt is the best right back at the club.
Cannot believe that some of our fans can call him a donkey.
2 Years ago he was a England regular and everyone here at our club was drooling over him.
I thought that the times that he has played this year he has had very decent games.
Everyone remember the goal he scored against Blackburn a couple of months ago....
The comments from people here is shocking.

2 years ago he was playing like an England regular now he has lost his pace to the extent he can hardly move as he is so bloated. He never stops crosses coming in, he can't pass,shoot or put a ball into the box. He is a good header of the ball, I'll give him that. But off the pitch he comes across as a twat to be honest.

Nedum has far superior positional play, he knows his role in the team and makes the right decisions, he is equally as strong as Micah with the added bonus of being fast as fuck. And he looks like a great centre back prospect for the future, he isn't great at distribution or shooting but he does the simple things well and his pace and stamina allow him to get up and down the flank without compromising us defensively and to top it off he is a great lad. I know who I'd get rid of.

eshiers1 said:
imo the best footballer out of all 3 possibilities is zaba

richards is not a footbally, he's an athlete, strong, quick and athletic
he has no footballing brain, no idea how to pressure an attacker, no idea when going forward and his urgency to get back and defend when he loses the ball/the attack breaks down is poor

onuoha is also very much an athlete playing football, however imo he is a much better footballer than richards, passing, tacking and effort and better understanding of how to play the game!
he's played very well in the last 2 games and deserves to keep his place for the derby

zaba however is a great footballer (certainly not an athlete!), good passing, great crossing, decent pace and good understanding of the game, though he does dive in a lot

imo at the moment with all 3 available for the derby i'd start onuoha and have zaba on the bench

and if i was to get rid of one it would definately be richards

Zabaleta is a living breathing liability. You always think please stay on your feet coz if you dont its a yellow, its a red and it almost certainly will be a foul in a dangerous posistion in which we will concede

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.