Nedum Onuoha noooooooooooooooo!!!

staffs_blue said:
I'm torn here because I really rate Onuoha but I feel Lescott is the better overall player.

If we signed Lescott and Terry,and Dunne did stay,then big Ned would be 5th or 6th choice Centre back(Terry,Lescott,Kompany,Dunne,Richards,Onuoha),and would not be getting the game time her deserves.

If Ned went to Everton and turned into the world class centre back we all think he will,then we can always buy him back!! ;-)

yeah right mate and we will probably give them £30M plus our best prospects at the time - Weiss etc, really good business

bluejase said:
I reckon it's more everton wanting neddy than Hughes wanting to get rid. He ain't daft.:

I hope so. If it means losing Ned to enable this deal I would rather leave it tbh and move on to another target.

BringBackSwales said:
OrigamiNinja said:
Im not gonna slate you like some will mate because in a roundabout way I agree/understand what you are saying, if you say who is better Lescott or Ned then its a pretty simple answer.......Lescott! On that basis you could make an argument for this transfer to happen but my argument against it would be that we require TWO centre backs and as it stands Ned for me is the best centre back we have at the club so if we make this deal we have signed a good centre back BUT we then still require at least one more and as I am far from convinced that Tery is on his way we then still find ourselves in the same predicament as we do now! On this basis I struggle to see the logic in the transfer!

Hughes has said we need 2 for every position so that we means we need FOUR NOT TWO centre backs

Yeah but I would expect the likes of Kompany to be included. I fully expected that our 4 centre backs would be something along the lines of Lescott and Terry (or other top class centre back) with Ned and Kompany as back up! I do not expect us to have 4 top class centre backs as it would be impossible to keep them all happy!

A possible change to this is they may want cash plus player now and it won't be Richards!

Spot on mate and what Everton want and what they get may well be two very different things!

What happyblue actually said....

Sounds like this is what Everton want and not City who have thrown him in as a makeweight

No chance, I'd be furious! I'd picket! Maybe Lescott is a better player right NOW but Nedum will be world class and pure City. No no no no no no no. Just pay them a straight £20 million, maybe loan him to them for a year, but do NOT sell him.

waspish said:
the thing is if we get Terry and lescot onuoho wont be playing many games will he be happy with
that.

And if we do manage to get Terry(which is bloody big if) in 4 or 5 years when his careers coming to an end wouldn't you much prefer Ned to take his place after spending the years as the understudy/cover having played alongside and learn't so much from the likes of said Terry and Lescott?

It really isn't going to happen, I've calmed down a bit now, really the people in charge would be aware of our feelings surrounding this surely?

OrigamiNinja said:
BringBackSwales said:
Hughes has said we need 2 for every position so that we means we need FOUR NOT TWO centre backs

Yeah but I would expect the likes of Kompany to be included. I fully expected that our 4 centre backs would be something along the lines of Lescott and Terry (or other top class centre back) with Ned and Kompany as back up! I do not expect us to have 4 top class centre backs as it would be impossible to keep them all happy!

if you really think Ned is not a top class centre back then we just have to disagree

Dobsy87 said:
No chance, I'd be furious! I'd picket! Maybe Lescott is a better player right NOW but Nedum will be world class and pure City. No no no no no no no. Just pay them a straight £20 million, maybe loan him to them for a year, but do NOT sell him.

Don't even loan him to them. At the moment he's our first choice CB. He'll have a big part to play next season.

Maineblue said:
waspish said:
the thing is if we get Terry and lescot onuoho wont be playing many games will he be happy with
that.

And if we do manage to get Terry(which is bloody big if) in 4 or 5 years when his careers coming to an end wouldn't you much prefer Ned to take his place after spending the years as the understudy/cover having played alongside and learn't so much from the likes of said Terry and Lescott?

It really isn't going to happen, I've calmed down a bit now, really the people in charge would be aware of our feelings surrounding this surely?

Sorry mate but Nedum Onuoha is NOT going to sit on our bench for 4 years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.