Nedum Onuoha noooooooooooooooo!!!

hgblue said:
Looks like I'm on my own here then, because although Ned is a promising young player, he's nowhere near the finished article, and has had more than his fair share of injuries. Lescott is probably next in line after Terry & Ferdinand, to be one of England's centre backs. He's done all his learning at Everton, and is looking more and more comfortable in the Premier League, and at international level. Everton won't sell Lescott without having a quality replacement, and if selling Ned is what it costs to get this deal done, then in my opinion, it's a price worth paying.

SORRY SO WE ARE WEDGED UP, WE ARE SHORT OF CENTRE BACKS SO TO GET ONE IN WE SEND ONE OUT, HOW DOES THAT MAKE SENSE?

would have been better had the article said "Everton had asked for" not "City have offered" - IF this is true then Hughes is indeed the clown his tactics often made him look like last year IN MY PERSONAL OPINION

Pair the two Lescott and Ned together in the middle? Great strength and a fair bit of speed..

not going to rise to this too heavily until proved true however if Hughes allows Ned to go then in my eyes it will prove everything i think personally about our manager.

hgblue said:
Looks like I'm on my own here then, because although Ned is a promising young player, he's nowhere near the finished article, and has had more than his fair share of injuries. Lescott is probably next in line after Terry & Ferdinand, to be one of England's centre backs. He's done all his learning at Everton, and is looking more and more comfortable in the Premier League, and at international level. Everton won't sell Lescott without having a quality replacement, and if selling Ned is what it costs to get this deal done, then in my opinion, it's a price worth paying.

Im not gonna slate you like some will mate because in a roundabout way I agree/understand what you are saying, if you say who is better Lescott or Ned then its a pretty simple answer.......Lescott! On that basis you could make an argument for this transfer to happen but my argument against it would be that we require TWO centre backs and as it stands Ned for me is the best centre back we have at the club so if we make this deal we have signed a good centre back BUT we then still require at least one more and as I am far from convinced that Tery is on his way we then still find ourselves in the same predicament as we do now! On this basis I struggle to see the logic in the transfer!

bluemooner_mcfc said:
so i take it everyone thinks that ned is going because its in a newspaper ?

dont be silly lads there no way hughes would let ned go in any deal for lescott because were not a selling club anymore and we will just add the cash for lescott.

your forgetting that we are short of numbers in defence so why would hughes let a defender go ?

dont panic it wont happen.

No not that he is going, its probably a bullshit story but everyone on here is dead against it. like someone just said i hope the club come out and quash it A.S.A.P.

We might have the money but we're not here to be taken for mugs, we loaned them Jo for two seasons we offer a decent opening bid for Lescott, they can go fuck themselves if they think they're taking one of our local born prized assets.

£20 million plus Dunne or JO or whatever.

Even £25 for Lescott if we really have to but let's not have the piss taken out of us eh?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.