Nedum Onuoha thank you for your honesty.

Mancini is a Club legend.
Top post!

In 2013 the club were in trouble with ffp. Mancini continually told the media he needed more money , the squad was too small so he said. The quotes are there for you to read. He took the club on and lost.
More spending at that time would have been suicidal and the club were not prepared to go down the pan.

Fair enough but if the criteria was to be the world’s best like Pep then we would probably be left with Erling, Kevin, Khaldoon and Kyle - and possibly Colin Savage back on City Matters.

There would probably have been no Vicky Kloss or Danny Wilson (Good servants to the Club that they were) or legends like Zabba
I can’t understand this post Tim.

Thank fuck Dave, I thought it was just me. ;)
I will put a translation on for the old timers lol. I guess it comes down to whether you view Mancini’s management as elite or you expect people to be perfect. Mancini is probably the best loved manager since the Mercer / Alison era so he deserves a bit more respect on here. Pep was an upgrade. Fair enough.

I don’t want to distract from the focus on Nedum so I will leave it there. Top Blue that he is. Anyway, almost everyone associated with the Club at that point was replaced by upgrades (apart from the fans). It was only natural that Nedum would be replaced.
Ps I see a mention of Boyata who went on to have a good international career.

Last edited:
Mancini is a Club legend. Nedum and Gary Cook aren’t. Nedum is brilliant with his punditry and his intelligence shines naturally, for example, like Pat Nevin. I’m very happy he’s a Blue.

There’s a lot of comments on this thread about people in football. I just want to remind Bluemooners about a couple of facts. Mancini ended the rags’ dominance and upset a kit man. Ian Wright spoke out to stop a tirade of racially motivated abuse in the media against Raheem Sterling. Cook did a good job in the main but the email exchange made his job untenable.
This for me is one of the most iconic images in our history and you so right in saying Roberto Mancini is and will always be a legend in our history

1671368499114.png

This for me is one of the most iconic images in our history and you so right in saying Roberto Mancini is and will always be a legend in our history

View attachment 63823
I love that pic. It’s up there with the pics of Edin and Kolarov celebrating the 6th goal and Mario goading the rags at the final whistle of the Yaya Toure Cup semi final.

I love that pic. It’s up there with the pics of Edin and Kolarov celebrating the 6th goal and Mario goading the rags at the final whistle of the Yaya Toure Cup semi final.
And this, this was the night the alcoholic old fool knew we were the real deal, the noisy neighbors were now the elite, Mancini was a winner, he made us winners, whatever his faults and there were many, he made us what we are today.
1671368851979.png

And this, this was the night the alcoholic old fool knew we were the real deal, the noisy neighbors were now the elite, Mancini was a winner, he made us winners, whatever his faults and there were many, he made us what we are today.
View attachment 63824
Brilliant. Arguably the best of the lot.

Anytime we see a pic of Mancini on the touch line, I anticipate the cameras switching to Phil Jones and the GPC at Sunderland. I know that was the last day of the season but I was reminded of it by Leeds fans on Friday night, when I went to watch David Silva.

A Leeds fans told me he plays that footage several times a year lol.

Not read the the thread apart from the first page.

Let me express my deep disappointment in the 'fans' that backed Cook over Neds and his Mum, back in those days. I couldn't believe lots of us would back some fucking money chasing exec over one of our own and some of the shocking views expressed on BM will, imo, forever cast a shadow on the forum.

Neds could have turned his back on the club and threw heavy shit, quite easily, but didn't and it surprised me to see him back on the scene talking some great stuff about us then and now.

A million times the man than any of the absolute thunder cunts that expressed their hate/ disbelief towards him and his mother, of whom I never recalled recanting and apologising.

Now HE'S a True Blue over 95% of former and current players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.