Nedum Onuoha thank you for your honesty.

Bet you're happy he brought on Dzeko and Balotelli...I am!

As City said when they sacked him

"He failed to achieve the holistic approach the club wanted"

He was divisive. The club has certainly gone to a different level now everyone is pulling in one direction.

Tactically I always thought he was excellent

Didn't mind him as a player if we hadn't won the lottery he would probably had a long and successful career with us, personally I didn't think he was quite good enough for where the new owners wanted to go and more importantly neither did the new manager. Anyhow he's at our branch meeting in new year so I'll hopefully be a bit more enlightened after that. :-)
Tell him I love him

I've worked with Nedum loads. I've worked with lots of ex City players before, but never hit it off with one like I did with him. Probably helps that he's about my age admittedly, but we're just similar people I'd guess. He's ace and always up for a chat away the city work stuff to the extent that he's not far off from me labelling him a friend really. A colleague at very least. Either way, he's a genuinely lovely bloke. Loves nothing more than a good chat about anything really. Oh and obviously he's a huge blue. Amazed that anyone would doubt that.

Oh and I don't think his dislike of Mancini is based on anything other than Mancini just being an absolute arse to him, as he was with loads. Hardly unknown that Mancini could be a very, very difficult character so not sure it's any deeper than that and pretty understandable in general given we've all had a boss we've disliked at some point.

Last edited:
I've worked with Nedum loads. I've worked with lots of ex City players before, but never hit it off with one like I did with him. Probably helps that he's about my age admittedly, but we're just similar people I'd guess. He's ace and always up for a chat away the city work stuff to the extent that he's not far off from me labelling him a friend really. A colleague at very least. Either way, he's a genuinely lovely bloke. Loves nothing more than a good chat about anything really. Oh and obviously he's a huge blue. Amazed that anyone would doubt that.

Oh and I don't think his dislike of Mancini is based on anything other than Mancini just being an absolute arse to him, as he was with loads. Hardly unknown that Mancini could be a very, very difficult character so not sure it's any deeper than that and pretty understandable in general given we've all had a boss we've disliked at soke point.

Are you saying he is as lovely and ace as you.? -;)

He's an absolute star. Eloquent and educated.
We had the pleasure of chatting with him (should have been Q and A but felt more like a guest you could chew the fat with) down at our local SC.
I ventured down the route of his thoughts on Joey Barton and Harry Redknapp.
His responses were structured and knowledgeable. I'll refrain from posting his personal views as I'm certain that he'd feel more comfortable on such information not being shared ad finitum.

A top fella that, like most Blues, recognises the media bias, and he will continue to fight to suppress the tide of love-in with Rags and Dippers wherever he can.

If your local SC are fortunate enough to book him for an evening, get yourself down there.

Mancini was also what we needed at the time. They're both still twats.
Mancini is a Club legend. Nedum and Gary Cook aren’t. Nedum is brilliant with his punditry and his intelligence shines naturally, for example, like Pat Nevin. I’m very happy he’s a Blue.

There’s a lot of comments on this thread about people in football. I just want to remind Bluemooners about a couple of facts. Mancini ended the rags’ dominance and upset a kit man. Ian Wright spoke out to stop a tirade of racially motivated abuse in the media against Raheem Sterling. Cook did a good job in the main but the email exchange made his job untenable.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.