Nedum Onuoha thank you for your honesty.

Mancini is a Club legend. Nedum and Gary Cook aren’t. Nedum is brilliant with his punditry and his intelligence shines naturally, for example, like Pat Nevin. I’m very happy he’s a Blue.

There’s a lot of comments on this thread about people in football. I just want to remind Bluemooners about a couple of facts. Mancini ended the rags’ dominance and upset a kit man. Ian Wright spoke out to stop a tirade of racially motivated abuse in the media against Raheem Sterling. Cook did a good job in the main but the email exchange made his job untenable.
We all know Mancini is a club legend but it doesn’t mean he should be immune from criticism. Toure is a club legend but that doesn’t mean it’s not pretty clear he’s shown himself to be a complete twat at times. Particularly when making allegations against Pep. Almost Ronaldo like in looking to blame people for the fact their legs had gone.

Last edited:
I never understand a player that did so little at the club still gets so much love from large parts of the fan base.

The guy is on record say saying he preferred it at Sunderland and sticks the boot in on Mancini every opportunity he gets.

If City weren’t big time now he wouldn’t come near the club imo.
If you read the thread before your post you would get your question answered. Nedum is a blue as much as any of us he use to watch the players train through the fence at Platt Lane, he eventually realised his dream unlike the rest of us. The fact that he is honest and articulate with his opinions is why he is respected, he answers questions, does not avoid them like some ex players, if that is what you mean by "stick the boot in" then so be it. But, you couldn't be more wrong about him "never coming near the club" he doesn't need City for his post playing career he's more than capable of building anyone he chooses and its why he won't sign-up for any media organisation as he prefers the freedom of being a freelance. He also serves, for no monetary reward on the CiTC board

Last edited:
Nedum seems an intelligent and sensible guy to me and he knows his football. It’s hardly a radical opinion to speak negatively about Cook and Mancini as they were both obviously flawed characters. Both are part of City’s past but both needed sacking and we’ve improved massively as a club through both sackings because their replacements are in a different league.

Mancini is a Club legend. Nedum and Gary Cook aren’t. Nedum is brilliant with his punditry and his intelligence shines naturally, for example, like Pat Nevin. I’m very happy he’s a Blue.

There’s a lot of comments on this thread about people in football. I just want to remind Bluemooners about a couple of facts. Mancini ended the rags’ dominance and upset a kit man. Ian Wright spoke out to stop a tirade of racially motivated abuse in the media against Raheem Sterling. Cook did a good job in the main but the email exchange made his job untenable.
Top post!

Nedum seems an intelligent and sensible guy to me and he knows his football. It’s hardly a radical opinion to speak negatively about Cook and Mancini as they were both obviously flawed characters. Both are part of City’s past but both needed sacking and we’ve improved massively as a club through both sackings because their replacements are in a different league.
Pep is in a different league from anyone. Mancini is a very successful manager in his own right. He kicked it off for us at City and that will always be celebrated. He also won the Euros at Wembley vs. England, amid other things. By most accounts he's evolved quite a bit in his off-field demeanor. Just sayin'.

Pep is in a different league from anyone. Mancini is a very successful manager in his own right. He kicked it off for us at City and that will always be celebrated. He also won the Euros at Wembley vs. England, amid other things. By most accounts he's evolved quite a bit in his off-field demeanor. Just sayin'.
Mancini & Cook were at the forefront of the club after the takeover. The people who led the way. The people who turned us into serial winners. Yes, other very talented people came after them and replaced them but the foundations had been built. Cook brought in Yaya & David Silva. Mancini won us the FA Cup the league title and delivered Champions League football. It’s a bit disingenuous when other posters dismiss those achievements and place the credit with those who followed. By the time they arrived we were being taken a lot more seriously by the football world. I think we just need to give credit where it is due. Yes, they may have had flawed personalities but which highly driven successful people haven’t?

Mancini can’t manage people, up or down, which is why he could never hold down a club job for long. Like Mourinho, his aggressive and confrontational style has a short shelf life. He’s been well advised now because in international management that doesn’t matter too much because you’re not with the players day to day.

We were lucky in that we benefited from that short term boost. He was also very lucky to be with us at a time when we spent a fortune, and bought well, and our rivals didn’t.

He’s an important part of our history and I understand why he attracts adulation in some quarters.

He's an absolute star. Eloquent and educated.
We had the pleasure of chatting with him (should have been Q and A but felt more like a guest you could chew the fat with) down at our local SC.
I ventured down the route of his thoughts on Joey Barton and Harry Redknapp.
His responses were structured and knowledgeable. I'll refrain from posting his personal views as I'm certain that he'd feel more comfortable on such information not being shared ad finitum.

A top fella that, like most Blues, recognises the media bias, and he will continue to fight to suppress the tide of love-in with Rags and Dippers wherever he can.

If your local SC are fortunate enough to book him for an evening, get yourself down there.
Fair dues Abe, your own stories only

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.