Nedum Onuoha thank you for your honesty.

Rather than show deference to the opposition manager, support your fucking boss, or at least stay the fuck out of it when he’s standing up to a bully and trying to rattle the ****.
100%, says a lot about Mr Platt, he has a face that one could never tire of giving a good slap.

As a Player Nedum was very ordinary in terms of a footballer but he was an incredible athlete.
He certainly was (and no doubt still is for his age), kind of saddens me but I watched Nedum grow through the youth system, similar with Micah, and at the time was really confident they’d both go on to become the stalwarts of the team for years to come, and would have been made up with that, because that’s where we were then, Nedum I suppose was one of the biggest casualties of the takeover.

He certainly was (and no doubt still is for his age), kind of saddens me but I watched Nedum grow through the youth system, similar with Micah, and at the time was really confident they’d both go on to become the stalwarts of the team for years to come, and would have been made up with that, because that’s where we were then, Nedum I suppose was one of the biggest casualties of the takeover.
I remember the club giving him a lot of publicity when he was coming through the ranks, not sure if they thought he was a genuine star or things were that bad pre takover that they wanted to give the fans hope.

I was never that impressed by him, as said earlier, incredible athlete but very average footballer.

I always though Micha was way above him in ability.

As fans we all love to see the local lads come through but it also clouds judgment on their ability and prospect of making the first team.

Mancini ended the 35 year drought (and the 44 year title drought), and has earned his place in our history. He will never be forgotten. As a people person, though, he seems (repeat for the hard of hearing, SEEMS*) to have left a bit to be desired. IIRC quite a few of the behind the scenes staff at the club (chefs, laundry, groundstaff etc) were not broken hearted to see him go. I suppose the old saying about breaking eggs to make omelettes comes to mind.

*I said "seems" as I wasn't around the club at the time and can't verify how he was as a person away from the media.

Personally I couldn’t give a flying fuck if Mancini upset the tea lady or ‘Chappy’ the comedy kit man.

The guy is a hero and the way he’s been almost erased from history by the club is an insult.

Gets on my wick when ex players like Nedum drone on and on and on about what a bastard he was.

Yeah he was a bastard. And a winner. And you just weren’t good enough lad. Get over it.

100%, says a lot about Mr Platt, he has a face that one could never tire of giving a good slap.
Someone i am very close to has a son who played in the same cricket team as platts son. As well as michael vaughans, freddie flintoffs and robbies savages. He said all the latter were brilliant, welcoming, inclusive, etc.
he said platt was just an ignorant wanker

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.