Nedum Onuoha thank you for your honesty.

The weird thing about Nedum was that he IMO was more than good enough to be a squad-player for our title-winning sides, and due to his background as a local fan, and his intelligence, personality and the leadership he displayed as a captain for the likes of QPR he must have been a good character to have had around the squad as a consistent presence. His City career for me is up there in terms of "what could have been" with the likes of Michael Johnson and to an extent Stevie Ireland and Sturridge.
What about yourself Scott? :)

Nedum attended our branch meeting last night. What a great session we had. He was honest, articulate, funny and serious.
But above all, knowledgeable and obviously a true, through and through Blue.

Plus a true gentleman. As I left he caught up with me as I walked back to my car and he opened the door for me, making sure I was ok. So what you may say but remember I am walking at half his speed, with a walking stick, so he could have just walked past me and carried on to his own car.

If your branch gets the chance go for a visit from Nedum. JMHO.

He even, poor lad, had a photo taken with me! *lol*

Nedum attended our branch meeting last night. What a great session we had. He was honest, articulate, funny and serious.

Plus a true gentleman. As I left he caught up with me as I walked back to my car and he opened the door for me, making sure I was ok. So what you may say but remember I am walking at half his speed, with a walking stick, so he could have just walked past me and carried on to his own car.

Doesn't surprise me in the slightest. But from my point of view he is one of the few pundits who in his analyses actually points out things that I wouldn't otherwise have seen. Doesn't cheerlead for City — which I emphatically don't want — doesn't bend over backwards to criticise them either, just to prove he's “objective”. Just calls it as he sees it. Also the only true blue working in punditry, which is pleasant to know, even if it doesn't skew his analysis (thank God).
A credit to the club.
Never saw him play, but I do sort of get the impression that Mancini made the wrong call there. Nothing to really back that up, though.

Also the only true blue working in punditry, which is pleasant to know, even if it doesn't skew his analysis (thank God).

Whereas I completely agree that Nedum is the best blue pundit out there. I think it a little unfair to suggest that the likes of Richards and Lescott aren't true blues.

A credit to the club.
Never saw him play, but I do sort of get the impression that Mancini made the wrong call there. Nothing to really back that up, though.
I bought his book. So I’ll see if he mentions it. Personally I feel Mancini did make a mistake but who am I to say? :-)

I liked Nedum even before last night and last night just consolidated my opinion of him. (Hero worship? :-) )

Glad you enjoyed it, Nedum comes across as a top lad.

Must be that time of year, Tommy Booth, Peter Barnes and Trevor Ross were on at Dukinfield Masonic few days ago, they raised a good few quid for Willow Wood Hospice and we’ve got David White on at Ashton Golf Club this Thursday, I posted on another thread but if anyone wishes to come along there’s a few tickets left, it’s £15 with the first drink included.

Attachments

• IMG_6221.png
    IMG_6221.png
    485.6 KB · Views: 40
Whereas I completely agree that Nedum is the best blue pundit out there. I think it a little unfair to suggest that the likes of Richards and Lescott aren't true blues.

Richards isn't City through and through like Nedum but he has our back and whilst his level of punditry is low, he's a fun character and a likeable bloke. Lescott didn't grow up a blue but he's a huge fan now. You can hear it when he's in the BT Sport commentary box - when Rodri scores in the CL final he just lets out a "Yesssssssssssssss". Unprofessional but excellent! Nedum is a lovely chap and a very intelligent guy. I don't know how he managed to play that game against us in 2012 for QPR! Same for Shauny, must have been so difficult going into that game thinking you might need something to stay up but that it would cost City the title.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.