Nedum Onuoha

BillyShears said:
Danamy said:
Dave i respect your opinions and concerns about the current set up between management and players at the club but something is going to happen during the summer that will change your view on this matter and i hope will change your opinion........i can't say anymore but when the event happens you'll know what i'm talking about.
Remember we're a lot more proffesional about our buisness now and no stone will be left unturned to improve us as an outfit.
Hopefully there will be no more going around in circles and your views will change.........am i asking for miracles?
The club is going to improve year after year regardless of what you and i think about the approach there taking.
Come and sit in the positive chair for a change.....you never know you might like it?

With respect, it's possible to be extremely positive about the future of the club, whilst still being highly sceptical of the manager.

Being sceptical is fair enough but it seems some have already come to a conclusion that he isn't the riight man for a job after only 5 months, which simply isn't fair

BillyShears said:
robbieh said:
DD as I said earlier Mancini is the most accomplished manager that has ever arrived at City. How that can be construed as poor I dont know

The same way Scolari was poor appointment for Chelsea, or Ramos a poor one for Spurs.

Anyway, Sven was far far more accomplished when he arrived at City than Mancini currently is.

That depends whether you weight Portuguese titles as highly as Italian ones.

But apart from Sven no-one comes close to arriving at City with the credentials that Mancini does. That does not mean he will be successful. But it gives us hope that we have someone who has won quite a lot in the world game is at our club<br /><br />-- Wed May 19, 2010 2:28 pm --<br /><br />
robbieh said:
BillyShears said:
The same way Scolari was poor appointment for Chelsea, or Ramos a poor one for Spurs.

Anyway, Sven was far far more accomplished when he arrived at City than Mancini currently is.

That depends whether you weight Portuguese titles as highly as Italian ones.

But apart from Sven no-one comes close to arriving at City with the credentials that Mancini does. That does not mean he will be successful. But it gives us hope that we have someone who has won quite a lot in the world game is at our club

and in addition Sven had had thirty years in the game as compared to Mancini's ten.

Danamy said:
Didsbury Dave said:
I didn't say they dislike him en masse. As said that's what worries me.

And I qualified that further down my post by saying I do not know that to be the case.

Read it again.

We're going round in circles now.

And don't fucking bring my Dad into this, he's a hard bastard you know and doesn't take kindly to namecalling on the internet.

Dave i respect your opinions and concerns about the current set up between management and players at the club but something is going to happen during the summer that will change your view on this matter and i hope will change your opinion........i can't say anymore but when the event happens you'll know what i'm talking about.
Remember we're a lot more proffesional about our buisness now and no stone will be left unturned to improve us as an outfit.
Hopefully there will be no more going around in circles and your views will change.........am i asking for miracles?
The club is going to improve year after year regardless of what you and i think about the approach there taking.
Come and sit in the positive chair for a change.....you never know you might like it?

Danamy, you are one of the people of here whose views I respect and I'm very interested to find out what you are referring to.

A new number 2 would be my guess, and that certainly wouldn't go amiss.

In fact that would delight me if it was the right man....an Allison or a Peter Taylor type figure would be ideal! A players's man, a strong communicator, a bright man.

I'm hugely positive about City's long term future and despite the disappointments of last season I'm fully aware this is the best City team I've ever seen.

I'm actually very positive on the playing side of things...as m27 will confirm (because we clash on it) I think our squad is already good enough for 2nd or 3rd.

Don't let anyone think I don't want the best for City. I want it passionately.

It's sensible comments like yours and 80% of the comments on here which make Bluemoon enjoyable.

(But don't ever expect to turn my Dad)

The Fat el Hombre said:
BillyShears said:
With respect, it's possible to be extremely positive about the future of the club, whilst still being highly sceptical of the manager.

Being sceptical is fair enough but it seems some have already come to a conclusion that he isn't the riight man for a job after only 5 months, which simply isn't fair

No it isn't fair...

The Fat el Hombre said:
BillyShears said:

It's no more and no less fair than when people made their minds up en masse about MH six months into his tenure.

BillyShears said:
The Fat el Hombre said:

It's no more and no less fair than when people made their minds up en masse about MH six months into his tenure.
TBF there's a fairly obvious difference between the them, one has proven he can win things as a manager, the other is Mark Hughes.

it's one thing to have an opinion on the manager. I couldn't care less what some random people think about mancini. but to go on and on and on and on. to turn every story as fuel for the anti-mancini drively. to go to such lengths to try to belittle him and undermine him publicly, to always go back to hinting that 'I know for a fact that....'. It's extremely boring and repetitive, it goes nowhere, serves nothing except to upset people who are quite keen on giving him a shot for next year. that's why you get dogs abuse, because you never ever shut the fuck up for five minutes, you just keep on running him down, keep on abusing and belittling the people who would stick up for the manager of this football club for the forseable future. in your own minds maybe you think you're waging some sort of campaign or PR war, but it just comes across as tiresome, we go round and round, you can't nail him on anything apart from the 'player unrest', anyone disagrees on the extent on that, well, you know different than us so that's the end of that. nothing ever changes. the argument never gets anywhere, you just recycle the same clichés and rhetoric, shuffle the deck and play the same cards in a different order to avoid saying acknowledging remotely respectful or positive about him.....the 24 hours I spent away from this shit was pretty pleasant, I think I'll make it a week this time.

BillyShears said:
The Fat el Hombre said:

Billy that old chestnut.

As you refuse to accept that Mancini is the most garlanded manager to arrive at this club then you just won't get the difference.

You have seen enough of Mancini in six months to say he's not good enough.
I likewise saw that Hughes was pretty incompetent after a similar time period.

However it is the very fact that mancini has a track record that gives me hope whereas with Hughes none existed. Added to the fact that Hughes brought in half a new team and Mancini is yet to make significant signings.

There is a difference but you just can't/won't see it.

Chick Counterfly said:
it's one thing to have an opinion on the manager. I couldn't care less what some random people think about mancini. but to go on and on and on and on. to turn every story as fuel for the anti-mancini drively. to go to such lengths to try to belittle him and undermine him publicly, to always go back to hinting that 'I know for a fact that....'. It's extremely boring and repetitive, it goes nowhere, serves nothing except to upset people who are quite keen on giving him a shot for next year. that's why you get dogs abuse, because you never ever shut the fuck up for five minutes, you just keep on running him down, keep on abusing and belittling the people who would stick up for the manager of this football club for the forseable future. in your own minds maybe you think you're waging some sort of campaign or PR war, but it just comes across as tiresome, we go round and round, you can't nail him on anything apart from the 'player unrest', anyone disagrees on the extent on that, well, you know different than us so that's the end of that. nothing ever changes. the argument never gets anywhere, you just recycle the same clichés and rhetoric, shuffle the deck and play the same cards in a different order to avoid saying acknowledging remotely respectful or positive about him.....the 24 hours I spent away from this shit was pretty pleasant, I think I'll make it a week this time.

....yet we've got 80 odd pages and you saw fit to post that. So you and others obviously care a bit, don't you?

I tell you what.

Forza Mancini.

Am I talking your language mate?

Didsbury Dave said:
Danamy said:

Danamy, you are one of the people of here whose views I respect and I'm very interested to find out what you are referring to.

A new number 2 would be my guess, and that certainly wouldn't go amiss.

In fact that would delight me if it was the right man....an Allison or a Peter Taylor type figure would be ideal! A players's man, a strong communicator, a bright man.

I'm hugely positive about City's long term future and despite the disappointments of last season I'm fully aware this is the best City team I've ever seen.

I'm actually very positive on the playing side of things...as m27 will confirm (because we clash on it) I think our squad is already good enough for 2nd or 3rd.

Don't let anyone think I don't want the best for City. I want it passionately.

It's sensible comments like yours and 80% of the comments on here which make Bluemoon enjoyable.

(But don't ever expect to turn my Dad)

No 2? Wrong! The multi-headed turbo beer dispensers are coming!!!

Praise be to Roberto!!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.