Negative players or negative tactics...

de niro said:
moomba said:
If he fucked it up any more we'd be in a title race.

Has anyone watched Mariga? Wonder how he might have fit in with this team.

i feel for bob as he must know the players who are out there that he could well do with, where was the research as to availablility, if his players could not be got in jan why make a change, if bob is the man then we should have waited till summer to sack hughes. then in comes bob, with dosh to buy who he wants.
that would have dangerous though cos hughes may just have succeded and we would'nt want that now would we.

jose is on his way, it just makes sense.

i think the idea was to bring someone in who could organize a team and maybe bring in a couple of players to get us to 4th, however the club messed up with the signings which isnt mancini's fault, he has done all that has been asked of him, there was no evidence at all that hughes could get the defence right

de niro said:
moomba said:
If he fucked it up any more we'd be in a title race.

Has anyone watched Mariga? Wonder how he might have fit in with this team.

i feel for bob as he must know the players who are out there that he could well do with, where was the research as to availablility, if his players could not be got in jan why make a change, if bob is the man then we should have waited till summer to sack hughes. then in comes bob, with dosh to buy who he wants.
that would have dangerous though cos hughes may just have succeded and we would'nt want that now would we.

May be they'd decided earlier on they'd had enough of Hughes but Mancini was still tied up or maybe, as seems more likely to me, Hughes put his transfer list in and they didn't fancy overpaying for more of his crocks/ex-Blackburn buddies.

hilts said:
de niro said:

i think the idea was to bring someone in who could organize a team and maybe bring in a couple of players to get us to 4th, however the club messed up with the signings which isnt mancini's fault, he has done all that has been asked of him, there was no evidence at all that hughes could get the defence right

i think the idea was to bring someone in who could organize a team
It's a myth that he's done that, "shay will come for delaps throw ins"that was his 1st fuck up,his 2nd is not knowing his left from right.
He's not happy as his constant head shaking shows, but it's his mind numbing boring tactics that the players are using.

bluemanc said:
hilts said:

i think the idea was to bring someone in who could organize a team
It's a myth that he's done that, "shay will come for delaps throw ins"that was his 1st fuck up,his 2nd is not knowing his left from right.
He's not happy as his constant head shaking shows, but it's his mind numbing boring tactics that the players are using.

we concede less goals under him and improved beyond recognition at set plays thats no myth

squirtyflower said:
i think we set up too negatively

if it was the players who were negative then why do they manage to turn it round, if they were negative it wouldn't change

We were giving the ball away too much through individual errors / dumb decisions. When we started keeping possession (replace poor performers) it's always going to be easier going forward.

I don't doubt were reluctant to overcommit early in the match, but when individuals are playing as badly as ours were it doesn't really matter what tactics / formation you are using.

moomba said:
squirtyflower said:

if it was the players who were negative then why do they manage to turn it round, if they were negative it wouldn't change

We were giving the ball away too much through individual errors / dumb decisions. When we started keeping possession (replace poor performers) it's always going to be easier going forward.

I don't doubt were reluctant to overcommit early in the match, but when individuals are playing as badly as ours were it doesn't really matter what tactics / formation you are using.
Agreed, first half I was questioning how most of our players ever managed to become professionals without being able to to the basics. Also you can't solely blame the current manager when the same group of players playing under the previous regime often showed a similar lack of urgency until after they'd conceded.

this is the problem fans will always blame managers, tactics or individual players if a result or performance arent good, sometimes this is accurate but a lot of times its because the team just didnt play, the manager bollocks them at half time and makes changes and then things improve, happens all the time

moomba said:
squirtyflower said:

the op asked was it players or tactics

for what its worth i think its tactics
and yea they were piss poor at passing at the beginning, but the tactics are still too negative whether the passing is excellent or not

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.