Negredo

Marvin said:
cityfan41 said:
But the rags are saying that Spurs are signing Soldado who is a major
upgrade on Negredo, who by all accounts we paid 25m for. They're
fucking bitter twats aren't they?.
£20m incl add-ons for Negredo is what was widely reported
I thought it was £15m with add-ons taking it to £20m? I'm probably wrong because I've been away and not fully caught up

Citizen Jack said:
Marvin said:
cityfan41 said:
I thought it was £15m with add-ons taking it to £20m? I'm probably wrong because I've been away and not fully caught up
Yes that's what I thought too - I don't think City disclosed the deal, but most reports described it as a deal worth £20m

If Spurs trigger Soldado's release clause, meaning it probably be one lump fee, they are paying £10million more for Soldado than we did Negredo. £6million more if Negredo's bonuse clauses such as £800k for winning the Champions League are triggered. We got a much better deal on paper, although we need to see how both perform in the Premier League. IMO Negredo is the more compatible as he is stronger and better in the air than Soldado. Soldado could do very well though.

LoveCity said:
If Spurs trigger Soldado's release clause, meaning it probably be one lump fee, they are paying £10million more for Soldado than we did Negredo. £6million more if Negredo's bonuse clauses such as £800k for winning the Champions League are triggered. We got a much better deal on paper, although we need to see how both perform in the Premier League. IMO Negredo is the more compatible as he is stronger and better in the air than Soldado. Soldado could do very well though.
Soldado is very similar in style to Defoe as well, I can't see them working together as combination too well. If I was AVB I'd be looking to replace Adebayor rather than push Defoe out.

pee dubya said:
LoveCity said:
Soldado is very similar in style to Defoe as well, I can't see them working together as combination too well. If I was AVB I'd be looking to replace Adebayor rather than push Defoe out.
We said two big men upfront wouldn't work but yesterday they showed they can make space for each other well and be a handful. There aren't any rules on partnerships which won't work

Citizen Jack said:
Marvin said:
cityfan41 said:

16m with possible max of 4m in add-ons,

Citizen Jack said:
pee dubya said:
LoveCity said:
We said two big men upfront wouldn't work but yesterday they showed they can make space for each other well and be a handful. There aren't any rules on partnerships which won't work
It depends on how hard they work, yesterday Dzeko came deep a lot, linked well and won the ball back a few times whilst Negredo was working his arse off making runs, occupying defenders etc. It working, but it was just a friendly.

Soldado and Defoe are both goal hangers, not especially good at holding onto the ball, it'd be a difficult combination to make work in my opinion.

pee dubya said:
kiam06 said:
Manchester1894 said:
Negredo is potentially a great premier league striker. The finishing needs refining as he's sometimes a bit too wild/rash in front of goal but movement and reading the game look top.
What nonsense you can't judge him on a couple of pre season games on a mud bath of a pitch he scored 20 goals in la liga so his finishing is fine don't worry!
No I think his finishing can be erratic, seen him quite often miss sitters for Sevilla.

Mmmm. And Strikers never miss sitters do they

pee dubya said:
Citizen Jack said:
pee dubya said:
It depends on how hard they work, yesterday Dzeko came deep a lot, linked well and won the ball back a few times whilst Negredo was working his arse off making runs, occupying defenders etc. It working, but it was just a friendly.

Soldado and Defoe are both goal hangers, not especially good at holding onto the ball, it'd be a difficult combination to make work in my opinion.
With two forwards playing off the last man the opposition defence will either be forced back, leaving lots of room in the hole and other areas of the pitch for the creative players to work their magic, or the defence could try and play high and become susceptible to through balls to both forwards. It's all theoretical really but you just don't know until you see it

CC1 said:
pee dubya said:
kiam06 said:
What nonsense you can't judge him on a couple of pre season games on a mud bath of a pitch he scored 20 goals in la liga so his finishing is fine don't worry!
No I think his finishing can be erratic, seen him quite often miss sitters for Sevilla.

Mmmm. And Strikers never miss sitters do they
Preferably not often.

I rate him, he's just not that clinical from what i've seen. Or would you feel better if i lied and pretended his finishing was Messi-esque?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.