Negredo

Prestwich_Blue said:
Well I've not come out of the woodwork but I think he was our poorest player on the night. I was going mad with him as Matty will attest.

Barely won a header, couldn't hold the ball and screwed up three or four times when we had good chances to score. Navas wasn't far behind in terms of ineffectiveness so you do wonder how much the reputation of Barca played on their minds, having both been playing in La Liga last season.
Whenever we have to play with one up top i would always go with Dzeko. Negredo is out of this world when he has a strike partner he can play off, but when he has to be the focal point he is nowhere near as effective. He may have the odd good game but overall he is poor. I can't wait until we go to the Camp Nou and i genuinely believe we can win this. Aguero, Nasri and Fernandinho will all be back and have some extra game time under their belts. We will go all out to win it and it is going to be an absolute thriller.

The_Mo said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Well I've not come out of the woodwork but I think he was our poorest player on the night. I was going mad with him as Matty will attest.

Barely won a header, couldn't hold the ball and screwed up three or four times when we had good chances to score. Navas wasn't far behind in terms of ineffectiveness so you do wonder how much the reputation of Barca played on their minds, having both been playing in La Liga last season.
Whenever we have to play with one up top i would always go with Dzeko. Negredo is out of this world when he has a strike partner he can play off, but when he has to be the focal point he is nowhere near as effective. He may have the odd good game but overall he is poor. I can't wait until we go to the Camp Nou and i genuinely believe we can win this. Aguero, Nasri and Fernandinho will all be back and have some extra game time under their belts. We will go all out to win it and it is going to be an absolute thriller.

We might win but will it be enough? We do need 3 goals to overcome them.

BlueMoonoverUS said:
The_Mo said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

Technically we just need 2
It effectively becomes 0-0 at that point

kinkysleftfoot said:
Mr HJ said:
Pinturicchio said:
I like the guy he gives a fight but I think Dzeko would have done more damage with his great heading play abilities (Probably the only real weakness in Barça).

I thought Negrado worked his socks off tonight - not all of his work was rewarded with good chances but the Barca defence knew they were in a game. Unfortunately when Edin came on he didn't work hard enough for someone only tasked with 25 mins work. We just missed the movement of Sergio and I for one would have put on Jovetic who is more intelligent movement wise.

Edin played well when he came on!

Dzeko did decent, but as usual his touch was missing (understandable since he wears a brick for a boot).

BoyBlue_1985 said:
BlueMoonoverUS said:
The_Mo said:

Technically we just need 2
It effectively becomes 0-0 at that point

Yes, we would have away goal then too. Forgot about that.

Not at it, I don't buy this lack of a winter break stuff, he's just low on confidence and not acting on instinct. I wouldn't start him at Wembley.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.