Negredo

Dribble said:
Lancet Fluke said:
mcfc2607 said:
Because he hasn't been "utter gash"

I don't particularly want to defend Bluescholar because the way he phrased his message was completely unnecessary when discussing a player who works his balls off and by and large has had a very good first season. But he has been really really bad for the last couple of months, there are mitigating circumstances but that is no consolation to us in the sense that there is now no margin for error and we can't afford to pick players in poor form for these next few huge matches even if he does have a good reason for being off the pace. Yesterday was an improvement though so let's hope he is close to properly turning a corner.
^^^^Mostly this^^^^

Utter gash is a bit strong and I wouldn't go as far as 2 really's either, maybe one really and exchange bad for poor. :-)

But I agree with most that the mitigating circumstances have played a major part in his loss of form. He's put a shit load of effort into his 1st season and I feel he was brought back too soon from his injury, because we only had Dzeko fit. When he did come back he played some games alongside Dzeko and IIRC someone posted some stats on here which showed that Negredo's form was effected more by playing with Dzeko than Dzeko's by playing with Negredo.

Yesterday he looked as though he was getting back to his best as he showed a lot of pace, strength and some nice touches. Give it a game or two and I reckon he'll start banging in goals again. As they say, form is temporary and class is permanent.

As for who starts on Tuesday????? Over to you Manuel.....

I take no pleasure in saying he has been "really really bad" but it is undeniable. There were a few matches where it was about as close to playing with ten men as you could imagine with 11 on the pitch. Yesterday still wasn't approaching his form from a few months ago but was a huge improvement on recent weeks so fingers crossed. If Dzeko is 100% recovered from his illness then I think he will start on Tuesday tbh. Just desperate for Sergio to get himself fit and stay fit because the others are all struggling.

Lancet Fluke said:
Dribble said:
Lancet Fluke said:
I don't particularly want to defend Bluescholar because the way he phrased his message was completely unnecessary when discussing a player who works his balls off and by and large has had a very good first season. But he has been really really bad for the last couple of months, there are mitigating circumstances but that is no consolation to us in the sense that there is now no margin for error and we can't afford to pick players in poor form for these next few huge matches even if he does have a good reason for being off the pace. Yesterday was an improvement though so let's hope he is close to properly turning a corner.
^^^^Mostly this^^^^

Utter gash is a bit strong and I wouldn't go as far as 2 really's either, maybe one really and exchange bad for poor. :-)

But I agree with most that the mitigating circumstances have played a major part in his loss of form. He's put a shit load of effort into his 1st season and I feel he was brought back too soon from his injury, because we only had Dzeko fit. When he did come back he played some games alongside Dzeko and IIRC someone posted some stats on here which showed that Negredo's form was effected more by playing with Dzeko than Dzeko's by playing with Negredo.

Yesterday he looked as though he was getting back to his best as he showed a lot of pace, strength and some nice touches. Give it a game or two and I reckon he'll start banging in goals again. As they say, form is temporary and class is permanent.

I take no pleasure in saying he has been "really really bad" but it is undeniable. There were a few matches where it was about as close to playing with ten men as you could imagine with 11 on the pitch. Yesterday still wasn't approaching his form from a few months ago but was a huge improvement on recent weeks so fingers crossed. If Dzeko is 100% recovered from his illness then I think he will start on Tuesday tbh. Just desperate for Sergio to get himself fit and stay fit because the others are all struggling.
I fully agree with the 10 men bit 100%. Like you I hope yesterday showed Negredo's beginning to turn the corner and I agree again that if pushed I'd err on the side of caution and opt for Dzeko to start on Tuesday if he's recovered from his illness.

Jovetic coming on yesterday was good to see, but I can only see him being used in a similar fashion on Tuesday if at all. The good thing is though that we have goals in the rest of the team and can fully utilise this by playing with just the one striker and 3 in midfield. Whether that be Fernandinho, Toure & Silva or Garcia, Fernandinho & Toure remains to be seen, but 4 2 3 1 seems to be our best option at the moment.

FantasyIreland said:
Marvin said:
Thought he had a good game today.

I didn't,i thought he was awful despite trying his very best and simply further infuriating himself that nothing was coming off.

The first penalty also looked like a moment Suarez or Eto would have been proud of......
he was kicked up the arse ffs!!

Dribble said:
Lancet Fluke said:
Dribble said:
^^^^Mostly this^^^^

I fully agree with the 10 men bit 100%. Like you I hope yesterday showed Negredo's beginning to turn the corner and I agree again that if pushed I'd err on the side of caution and opt for Dzeko to start on Tuesday if he's recovered from his illness.

Jovetic coming on yesterday was good to see, but I can only see him being used in a similar fashion on Tuesday if at all. The good thing is though that we have goals in the rest of the team and can fully utilise this by playing with just the one striker and 3 in midfield. Whether that be Fernandinho, Toure & Silva or Garcia, Fernandinho & Toure remains to be seen, but 4 2 3 1 seems to be our best option at the moment.

I'd be amazed if it isn't 1 up front on Tuesday. I think we know most of the team he will pick, the only ones we don't know are Dzeko or Negredo, Kolarov or Clichy and Milner/Navas or Garcia.

well the beast is a family favourite in my house and i wont have a bad word said about the bloke, so you can imagine my utter surprise and joy last sunday when walking into disneyland paris and within 10 minutes i catch a glimpse of the man himself! he spotted my city t-shirt and we kind of stared at each other for a short while before i shouted "Can we have a photo please Beast?" he laughed and he said of course, but then my son went all shy and wouldnt meet him, and alvarro tried his best to get him over for a photo but he wouldnt so it was just a happy dad im afraid! top bloke and he said he would win us the league for the fans.

adr2.8i said:
well the beast is a family favourite in my house and i wont have a bad word said about the bloke, so you can imagine my utter surprise and joy last sunday when walking into disneyland paris and within 10 minutes i catch a glimpse of the man himself! he spotted my city t-shirt and we kind of stared at each other for a short while before i shouted "Can we have a photo please Beast?" he laughed and he said of course, but then my son went all shy and wouldnt meet him, and alvarro tried his best to get him over for a photo but he wouldnt so it was just a happy dad im afraid! top bloke and he said he would win us the league for the fans.

Quality that mate, that's something my daughter would do too!

I think that in spite of his size and strength he's really not a lone striker. Watched his movement a lot yesterday and it's very clever and tricky, not necessarily powerful. He has more than a few tricks in his bag when it comes to lay offs and short touches, I felt he really improved when Jovetic came on late.

My only concern is that we had a lot of the ball and made a lot of crosses. I'd have wanted him to threaten more from them, he never seemed to even be in contention on the header

He was a lot better yesterday than recent weeks since his return from injury. In the first minute or two he did a run that he has not done for a while and chased down a defender. Great to see him improve. Should get better as he gets his confidence back.

He was half decent yesterday but they are the bottom club in the league and we were at home. I'd start dzeko over him on Tuesday

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.