Neil Young demands Spotify remove his music.

What we need is a panel of virtuous lefties policing the internet so we're protected from wrong think ;)
I don't know if it's a political thing, but one thing's for sure -- stupid people apparently need protecting from the internet.

My evidence is as follows: despite having the issues at hand here explained to them about 29,546 times, stupid people still don't fucking understand them.

Russell Brand will probably be next for de- platforming / cancellation. He is interesting and generally well researched, but it's fair to say he has his own slant/agenda so we probably need protecting from his ideas by elderly rock stars.
If he violates the terms and conditions of his content provider(s), then he probably will be.

I don't know if it's a political thing, but one thing's for sure -- stupid people apparently need protecting from the internet.

My evidence is as follows: despite having the issues at hand here explained to them about 29,546 times, stupid people still don't fucking understand them.
You sound just the man for the job. A sort of latter day internet Jesus. Surely it would be easier just to deny the stupid internet access rather than having to censor and clean the entire interweb?

You sound just the man for the job. A sort of latter day internet Jesus. Surely it would be easier just to deny the stupid internet access rather than having to censor and clean the entire interweb?
I said "apparently", based on the fairly narrow evidence offered on this thread.

Not sure that's enough to lead to a global ban on stupid people from the internet.

Besides, if they don't have access, then we deny them the off-off-off-chance that suddenly the light bulb goes on and they say, "Wow! Foggy was right with his simple, patient explanations of this whole episode! It's all so clear now! No one's cancelling anyone! Joe can still broadcast via Spotify albeit with slightly modified content disclosure rules and a bit more personal responsibility taken by him for his content, and Neil et al are free to stay away or come back if they think Spotify's modified rules makes sense!"

Not that I'm holding my breath, mind.

Patronising. Condescending. Superiority complex. You’re hired ;)

I said "apparently", based on the fairly narrow evidence offered on this thread.

Not sure that's enough to lead to a global ban on stupid people from the internet.

Besides, if they don't have access, then we deny them the off-off-off-chance that suddenly the light bulb goes on and they say, "Wow! Foggy was right with his simple, patient explanations of this whole episode! It's all so clear now! No one's cancelling anyone! Joe can still broadcast via Spotify albeit with slightly modified content disclosure rules and a bit more personal responsibility taken by him for his content, and Neil et al are free to stay away or come back if they think Spotify's modified rules makes sense!"

Not that I'm holding my breath, mind.
Sounds like freedom of choice to me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.