Neil Young

I agree, Trans is a good album, and IMHO by far the best of his 'genre' albums. It was a toss up between Trans and Hawks and Doves for inclusion in my top 10. (Mind you, I also thought about Sleeps with Angels and Broken Arrow).
Not a fan of Trans.
I like Old Ways. Its funny I can listen to Country music if Neil's singing it.

Worth getting a $20 subscription to neilyoungarchives.com. Virtually everything ever recorded by Mr Young streaming in hi-res, including the "new" album. Also a treasure trove of info, background, video, etc. Priority access to tickets. The best £16 you will ever spend.

Worth getting a $20 subscription to neilyoungarchives.com. Virtually everything ever recorded by Mr Young streaming in hi-res, including the "new" album. Also a treasure trove of info, background, video, etc. Priority access to tickets. The best £16 you will ever spend.

Interesting that. So for that one fee can you download and keep as much content as you want and then play it forever, when your membership has expired?

Nope. You can stream everything and everything but not download it. Subscription is annual. Sound quality better than CD or virtually any download. The website is unique, comprehensive and looks fantastic in a retro style.

It's a bit commercial... seriously tho, it is great. It's hard to do a top 5 or even 10
I think it's probably his strongest LP, Needle and the damage done is a brilliant track as is Out on the weekend and I absolutely love Words (fabulous riff) and Alabama.
A man needs a maid I can leave along with There's a world.
Old man is a classic song in my opinion.

Not a fan of Trans.
I like Old Ways. Its funny I can listen to Country music if Neil's singing it.

The International Harvesters era had some great live shows and the "A Treasure" live performance series release from a 3-4 years ago is good evidence of this. (At one time I had loads of bootleg live recordings from his 1984-85 tour but I don't have them any more)

I find Old Ways a hard listen though for some reason.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.