Neil Young

Saw Bob Dylan and Neil Young last summer. Neil Yoing was particularly good and seemed to enjoy himself.
Young joined Dylan and his band for Johnny Cash’s Will the Circle Be Unbroken. It was the first time they had played together since 1992.

Neil didn't spend a lot of time with Buffalo Springfield, but this has got to be one of the best segues around...

It is a great song that - from memory I always associate that song (or atleast the riff) with Stephen Stills who I also love - I have seen CSN twice (once at the Greek theatre in LA - that was the dogs).........

In hopeful anticipation that the many-years-delayed Archives Vol 2 will finally be released next month I have started to replay Archives Vol 1. Although I listen frequently to the live shows, I haven't played some of the other discs since not long after I bought Vol 1 back in 2009 or whenever it was.

Started over the weekend with the Riverboat and Fillmore East discs.

Now I am moving into less familiar territory in the form of Topanga Disc 1. It has a 6 minute version of Sugar Mountain for me to look forward to...(I really don't like that song)

My attempt at a top 10 in approximate order:

1. Old Man
  2. Cortez the Killer
  3. War of Man
  4. Words
  5. A Man Needs a Maid
  6. Needle & the Damage Done
  7. My My, Hey Hey
  8. Don’t Let it Bring You Down
  9. Like a Hurricane
  10. Ohio

Last edited:
Saw Bob Dylan and Neil Young last summer. Neil Yoing was particularly good and seemed to enjoy himself.
Young joined Dylan and his band for Johnny Cash’s Will the Circle Be Unbroken. It was the first time they had played together since 1992.
Was at that concert. Fantastic weekend in Kilkenny. I thought Bob was in great form as well.

Top 10 in no particular order and subject to change daily!

Alabama
Powderfinger
Country Home
World On A String
Cortez the Killer
Love and Only Love
Southern Man
Welfare Mothers
When You Dance, I Can Really Love
Ramada Inn

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.