west didsblue said:
Taximania said:
The Mandella roll of honour
Drum roll if you please..

Church Street West, Pretoria, on the 20 May 1983

-Amanzimtoti Shopping complex KZN, 23 December 1985

-Krugersdorp Magistrate’s Court, 17 March 1988

-Durban Pick ‘n Pay shopping complex, 1 September 1986

-Pretoria Sterland movie complex 16 April 1988 – limpet mine killed ANC terrorist M O Maponya instead

-Johannesburg Magistrate’s Court, 20 May 1987

-Roodepoort Standard Bank 3
And he managed to do all that whilst locked in a cell on Robben Island with no contact with the outside world. Incredible.

Was just about to ask how he did all that considering he was locked up since 1962

Read his book then. He says he sanctioned the bomb. From a cell.

Could be construed that way
Best to play safe
Go as Winnie instead

Manchester_lalala said:
Is going to a Christmas fancy dress party as nelson Mandela racist or disrespectful? I don't see what the problem is but currently having a arguement over it.

Jeez Taximania you really hate Mandela . Are you a white South African or does this rabid dislike of the man come from a distance?

Second question and Mandela haters tend to shy away from answering this. Would you accept being treated like filth, given fuck all chance at life, beaten, curfews, etc. And once your stern letter didn't work would you not go a bit mad?

mcmanus said:
Jeez Taximania you really hate Mandela . Are you a white South African or does this rabid dislike of the man come from a distance?

Second question and Mandela haters tend to shy away from answering this. Would you accept being treated like filth, given fuck all chance at life, beaten, curfews, etc. And once your stern letter didn't work would you not go a bit mad?
Lots of different beliefs on his culpability here. No one is going on about hating him here, surely you can see there is room to question his Saint-like position?

Taximania said:
No not hatred Just observation

That I will not clap a man who orchestrated the bombings of his enemies
He believed himself and his people to be downtrodden and that was a fact that we all agree on
In engaging and setting up terrorists wings and bombing people makes him no better than FW de clerk or Adams or Mairtín Mag Aonghusa

Listen I already said on record that I openly despised all that was apartheid
Lots of hatred generated from both sides.

But me hate him. ?
I have never ever met the man.
Never had the chance as he spent most of his life in prison for terrorist acts on the populace.

mcmanus said:

I just read your post in a South African accent for some reason !

Taximania said:
No not hatred Just observation

That I will not clap a man who orchestrated the bombings of his enemies
He believed himself and his people to be downtrodden and that was a fact that we all agree on
In engaging and setting up terrorists wings and bombing people makes him no better than FW de clerk or Adams or Mairtín Mag Aonghusa

Listen I already said on record that I openly despised all that was apartheid
Lots of hatred generated from both sides.

But me hate him. ?
I have never ever met the man.
Never had the chance as he spent most of his life in prison for terrorist acts on the populace.

mcmanus said:

So what would you have done in his shoes Taxi?

Not setting you up or anything, genuinely interested in what Mandela could have done differently given the circumstances and the Apartheid regime's refusal to enter into peaceful negotiations.

BimboBob said:
bobmcfc said:
west didsblue said:
And he managed to do all that whilst locked in a cell on Robben Island with no contact with the outside world. Incredible.

Was just about to ask how he did all that considering he was locked up since 1962

Read his book then. He says he sanctioned the bomb. From a cell.
Which bomb did he sanction. A specific one or the whole bombing campaign during the 70s and 80s. I'm genuinely interested.

mcmanus said:

I wouldn't blow up women and children, and kill other black people.

Taximania said:
All of them my friend or if u wish a specific one then just read his book

By his very association with the MK and by founding this terrorist wing and allowing it to thrive and butcher and maim.
Your answer again is all of them and lots more besides
Every action the MK carried out was the responsibility of the commander in chief Nelson Mandela

One poster said on here today that he has read his book and in it he openly admitted to the sanctioning of bombings
I have not read it
He Admitted his guilt in court and admitted to 156 charges filed against him
At the time of his trial, Mandela justified the MK's tactics as a legitimate response to the apartheid state's use of violence against its own citizens, as well as its banning of the ANC and its refusal to enter into meaningful dialogue about change
He openly told the world of his misgiving and now apparently has documented it in his Autobiography

What else do you want me to say pal.
Guilty as charged.

Were Amnesty international sniffing glue when they turned him down as a prisoner of conscience
Or did they have articulate people working for the organization that knew full well his sad shortcomings and terrorist activities.
You appear to be a very confused person. I have been asking about the terror campaign of the late 70s and 80s and you keep providing quotes from his trial in 1964 as proof of his guilt in the 1980s. Now you've admitted that you haven't read his book anyway so you really haven't got a clue about who sanctioned MK operations while he was in prison or very much else for that matter.

From what I have read, it's clear that he refused to renounce the violence of the MK during this time in spite of being offered freedom if he did. But is this refusal to renounce this violence morally equivalent to directly ordering it? I don't think so but people are entitled to their own opinions.

Dakeb said:
mcmanus said:

I wouldn't blow up women and children, and kill other black people.

I'll never know what I'd do because I wasn't born into a society that because you were born to people of a certain colour your whole life you would be treated as just above a slave. I will (gladly) never know the hatred the SA blacks had to go through and the helplessness and how it would devastate your soul.

If some innocent lives were lost to highlight the plight of millions of suffering folk then although it sounds horrid it has put an end to apartheid.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.