Nelson Mandela RIP

On various internet sites (admittedly anti Mandela) it is reported that he admitted 'signing off on' the acts of terrorism in the 70's and 80's in his book The Road to Freedom.
Anyone got the book and can verify whether this is true or not?

I just cannot believe/imagine the hopelessness of people suffering under such a regime and the evil of those who thought it right and enforced it.

I love a programme on channel 19 called 'Nazi Hunters' were Simon Wiesenthal, Mossad and others track down bastards who also treated and murdered folk because they were of a different race. I love the one were they snatch Eichmann from Argentina and put him on trial for his bastardly actions. Revenge for me.

Yet Mandela after suffering 27 years being held captive in subhuman conditions chose peace.

Manchester_lalala said:
Is going to a Christmas fancy dress party as nelson Mandela racist or disrespectful? I don't see what the problem is but currently having a arguement over it.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ejrEI00Kqc[/youtube]

Len Rum said:
On various internet sites (admittedly anti Mandela) it is reported that he admitted 'signing off on' the acts of terrorism in the 70's and 80's in his book The Road to Freedom.

you took your time.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxqQe_dBGQA&list=PLA8094A4971AD0269[/youtube]

mcmanus said:
Dakeb said:
mcmanus said:
Jeez Taximania you really hate Mandela . Are you a white South African or does this rabid dislike of the man come from a distance?

Second question and Mandela haters tend to shy away from answering this. Would you accept being treated like filth, given fuck all chance at life, beaten, curfews, etc. And once your stern letter didn't work would you not go a bit mad?

I wouldn't blow up women and children, and kill other black people.

I'll never know what I'd do because I wasn't born into a society that because you were born to people of a certain colour your whole life you would be treated as just above a slave. I will (gladly) never know the hatred the SA blacks had to go through and the helplessness and how it would devastate your soul.

If some innocent lives were lost to highlight the plight of millions of suffering folk then although it sounds horrid it has put an end to apartheid.

Terrorism didn't end apartheid.

International pressure and enlightenment of the electorate did.

Too say terrorism worked is giving a green light to al qaeda and the ira and anders brevik and any other nutter who feels hard done by.

Taximania said:
Metaphorically speaking both of us combined would not have enough information to blow our hats of let alone anything else.
I would guess you are just like me showing an active interest in this thread.
But I would not berate you as confused because your knowledge on the subject matter is not of open university standard.

I understand your statement
I also understand his culpability in the terrorist acts committed by his MK wing
You cannot draw an analogy that he was not responsible for the 70's and eighties campaign because he was banged up in prison.
That would be ludicrous and highly doubtful to even the most liberal of posters.
Yes in my opinion to sit on your arse and allow the killings to continue with not a word uttered would indeed be morally equivalent to directly ordering it.
Not actually pulling the trigger is never a valid defense
Do you have a clue who sanctioned MK operations ?
You seem sure he did not
We can only debate and surmise on the subject matter and then form our viewpoint

westdidsblue wrote
You appear to be a very confused person. I have been asking about the terror campaign of the late 70s and 80s and you keep providing quotes from his trial in 1964 as proof of his guilt in the 1980s. Now you've admitted that you haven't read his book anyway so you really haven't got a clue about who sanctioned MK operations while he was in prison or very much else for that matter.

From what I have read, it's clear that he refused to renounce the violence of the MK during this time in spite of being offered freedom if he did. But is this refusal to renounce this violence morally equivalent to directly ordering it? I don't think so but people are entitled to their own opinions.

For the love of god man, please learn to use the quote functionality correctly.....

Dakeb said:
mcmanus said:
Dakeb said:
I wouldn't blow up women and children, and kill other black people.

I'll never know what I'd do because I wasn't born into a society that because you were born to people of a certain colour your whole life you would be treated as just above a slave. I will (gladly) never know the hatred the SA blacks had to go through and the helplessness and how it would devastate your soul.

If some innocent lives were lost to highlight the plight of millions of suffering folk then although it sounds horrid it has put an end to apartheid.

Too say terrorism worked is giving a green light to al qaeda and the ira and anders brevik and any other nutter who feels hard done by.

Hard done by? You make it sound like not having a vote, rights, civil liberties, a decent education or health care because other folk deemed you inferior because you were born black as a bit of a trifle inconvenience.

This thread has seriously outed backward thinking folk.

stonerblue said:
Len Rum said:

you took your time.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxqQe_dBGQA&list=PLA8094A4971AD0269[/youtube]
Ok , that's funny (I think) , any chance of answering my question?

mcmanus said:
Dakeb said:
mcmanus said:

Hard done by? You make it sound like not having a vote, rights, civil liberties, a decent education or health care because other folk deemed you inferior because you were born black as a bit of a trifle inconvenience.

This thread has seriously outed backward thinking folk.

Don't be stupid you know what I mean.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.