Netherlands v England - Wed 10th July, 20:00 | Euro 2024 Semi-Final

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
England players don't get paid for their country.

and yes i should of stated 200-400k a week.
Also a lot of our players make up their wages with bonuses so they deserve them.
Isn't playing for your country considered an honour?
Which game do you think will be more entertaining..Spain v France ( and yes France have been boring as fuck ) or England v Holland ( both teams boring as fuck)?

Also a lot of our players make up their wages with bonuses so they deserve them.
Isn't playing for your country considered an honour?
Which game do you think will be more entertaining..Spain v France ( and yes France have been boring as fuck ) or England v Holland ( both teams boring as fuck)?

Impossible to know.
Could be boring ,could be great.
Don’t really care as long as we can get a win.
A 94th minute deflected winner off Kanes arse will do me.

Yep absolutely.
I'm fucking worried sick about the bills every day. It's a different world and do you know what I'm fucking sick of it.
'Twas always thus. The only difference is the people who feel that way today versus yesteryear.

Been on both ends of the scale, albeit not international footballer/movie star level, and yet the constants remain…some shake their fist at the good fortune of others, and some shake their head at their own good fortune.

Personally, I chose Uni over signing a pro soccer contract at Leeds Utd. There might have been a few wistful thoughts of what might have been, but the odds are stacked so heavily against you that relying on my brain and hard work seemed like the much better alternative…and that finally worked out.

One of the things I have noticed, and I’m not saying this is the case for you, is that those people who thought it was cool to ditch school, mess around when they were there, or simply couldn’t buckle down, slipped through the cracks of the education system, leaving them without the foundation needed for success. From there, it’s easy to get discouraged, even though it’s not too late to change the trajectory of one’s life. I, myself, am on my third, very different, “career” (football, finance, aviation), but I was always a big believer in “the only difference between me and the person doing whatever I wanted to do was hard work/effort and the education/knowledge needed,” which led to me quitting my finance job (and my wife quitting her job, too!) and going back to Uni.

All that is meant to portray is that even many successful people have been in your shoes, feeling like they couldn’t make ends meet, yet have reset the trajectory of their lives. In your case, perhaps it’s not even the trajectory of your life, as it might be very fulfilling but just not as financially secure as you might like. However, you have the power to make a positive change.

It’s never easy, and one can find myriad reasons why you can’t do it. But, if there’s one way you can, even if (as in my case) it means taking out student loans and investing in yourself and your ability to do the hard work necessary, then it is possible and doable.

There are always going to be extremes, like the multimillionaire uneducated footballer or movie star who make far in excess of what their intellect would command elsewhere, but they’re not only not the norm, but they distort our norms. They are such outliers they can warp reality.

My wife has a saying, which I’m certain is not hers originally, which states, “Do not let comparison rob you of joy” or “Don’t let comparison be the thief of your joy.” In short, there are always going to be those with more, bigger, better, but we can’t have the yardstick of our own joy be the excesses of others.

Lastly, and I’ve said this before, Bono of U2 explained the difference between Ireland and America in one observation.

And Irishman walking past the mansion on the hill shakes his fist and states, “That fucker! He must have screwed everybody to get that mansion!” The American walks past that same mansion and states, “One day, with a little time and lots of hard work, that’ll be me in that mansion!”

We all choose how we view our own lives and the success of others, and if we are going to compare ourselves to everyone we meet we will never find happiness. Make a positive choice. Make your life better in some small way, every day, and you can be happy knowing you’re living your best life.

To each their own, but don’t measure yourself by the outsized success of others, or blame disparity for robbing you of daily joy. Rather, realize who you are, where you are, and actively wonder if YOU can make tomorrow better in some small way.

Peace and be well.

Last edited:
I don't mind the lad really.
Have to say he's made the most of his ability.
Having said that I'd play Tony tomorrow instead of him

Always seemed a really nice guy, family man, never in the papers for the wrong reasons.
Constant goalscorer year on year and carried the line consistently for club and country. One of the best strikers we’ve ever produced.
Maybe Kaz still bitter as she labelled him a one season wonder and has it in for him. Embarrassingly

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.