• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

A message from the Kingpublished at 22:07
22:07​

FT: Netherlands 1-2 England

d5a3f231-0e95-419c-9169-083c25703b8f.jpg
Daniela Relph
BBC royal correspondent

The King has sent the below message to Gareth Southgate and all the England players and their support team:

My wife and I join all our family in wishing you the warmest congratulations on reaching the final of the Uefa European Championship - and in sending our very best wishes for Sunday’s match.

If I may encourage you to secure victory before the need for any last minute wonder-goals or another penalties drama, I am sure the stresses on the nation’s collective heart rate and blood pressure would be greatly alleviated!

Good luck, England.

Charles R’

FWIW I wasn't being critical of Foden the player (he was the best player in the 1st half). I was critical of some of the things he did in the second half, specifically holding onto the ball for too long (he's learned that from Bellingham). Whether you're a City fan or not surely you can see he wasn't the same force in the 2nd half, his replacement came on, did make the pass early and it set up the winner.

And yes Rice had a shocker. He was very poor for most of the match.
Yes, you were. Now, you've been advised.

Nah. First half yes. 2nd half invisible.
Made 2 key tackles to stop attacks. There was no stand out player in the 2nd. Ollie Watkins and his goal apart. Mainlo was still one of the consistent players in the 2nd. Maybe Walker edged it in the 2nd. But based on the performance in both halves. I'd still go with the kid.

Just overall consistent.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.