Netherlands v England - Wed 10th July, 20:00 | Euro 2024 Semi-Final

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think Germany, Spain and France have all won things, repeatedly, whereas you’re a Russian linesman away from winning fuck all. How did they all end up in the hardest route? You’re lucky and jammy when groups are allocated and the route if the draw you end up in. There’s no way you’re in the same ieague as the above 3.

Yet, here we are and 20 other teams are not. Crazy, huh?!

Some of them ended up where they are because they weren’t winners of their group. England were, so they got a 3rd place finisher from another group, over which they had no control. But they earned that good fortune.

Watching Spain right now, whoever gets them in the final are getting handed their arse.

As for us, we aren’t at the races, neither are you ability wise. Every one of your games have been an instant cure for insomnia. You probably noticed. All I’m saying is on your displays, if you hadn’t been drawn against second rate teams, relatively, you woukd never have got through. You have to know that.

You can only beat the team put in front of you, just like City always seem to be on the “wrong” side of the UCL draw. Nothing new there, but not something England had any control over…other than by winning their group, which they did.

Oh I do know how it works, but, again, you have won fuck all for 60 years and that took a goal that was never a goal.

The result was 4-2, or were there 2 goals that you’d like to knock off?

Forgive me, but isn’t it about time you got over that result, or is comparison robbing you of your own joy, due to your own lack of success?

If I supported any of Germany, France or Spain I would be asking questions. You mentioned getting to the semi finals and final, you played fuck all on the way to both of them too.

Yeah, England managed to rig a competition in Germany by winning their group and getting an easier draw! Do you know how crazy you are sounding?

You’re lucky and it makes you look like contenders, but when you look at who you actually beat, it’s falls apart. Do you actually think your team is in the same bracket as the best here?

It’s a results-driven business, so YES!

You confuse having the best ieague in the world with you being up there. What is it the best teams have in relation to English players? Two if you’re lucky? It’s the best because you can afford to bring the best, take them away and your ieague is nothing.

And, if my auntie had balls she’d be my uncle! Why are you screaming into the abyss of irrelevant drivel? Is the reality of the situation too much for you to bear?

Need to end it, Southgate in talking and I’m starting to feel queasy. Good luck tomorrow night. Let’s hope it lasts.

You’re long past where you should have ended it, because you went off half-cocked after the word “repeatedly” in the first sentence.

And, before you respond, I’m no England sycophant! They’ve played poorly at what Southgate calls “tournament football.” However, without actually winning anything, he has been the most successful English coach since sir Alf Ramsey!

If you had your way, we wouldn’t need to play the games, we could just give the trophy to the team who has historically done best. Well, it doesn’t work that way, as Turkiye and Switzerland showed at this tournament. Teams come and go and Greece would never have won the Euros, and Leicester would never have won the PL, in your world of “XYZ deserves it!”

Sport is a pastime of moments. People have moments and break world records. Teams have moments and win games they shouldn’t. It’s why we play the game…nothing is pre-ordained in sport, which is why we love it so much.

Every sports competition throws up the occasional weird result out of left field, and even the best teams lose games.

We are at a stage in the competition where the team you believe trounces England in a final got through because of a worldie from a 16 yr old and a deflection…from their only two shots on target!!! Strong as Spain may have looked throughout the tournament, they looked shattered and relieved at the end of that game.

Everyone is capable of winning or losing every time they enter the arena. Lady Luck is a fickle mistress. Some days she loves you, ane some days she doesn’t.

Regardless of who Spain play in the final, they will be odds-on favorites. But, they will still have to play the game and do their talking on the field. And, that’s the way it should, so that every XI that steps across the line feels like they have a chance. England is no different, and they’ve taken those chances so far, which is more than can be said for 20 other teams in this tournament so far.

We could go one up in the first 5 minutes and defend the lead for 85 minutes, he thinks this is tactical genius.
If it wins the game in a tournament, is that not a result?

I’m not saying I want to ever watch that game, but I’ve seen a few of those against City and world seems to think it’s a great result if they hold out!

We have relied on moments of magic to get through so far. Tactically we are unbalanced and when throwing on attacking changes it appears that there is no tactic at all other than "someone do something".

But....it's worked. Now things step up again. Into the stages where a team has the players to punish us if we continue with that approach and where our players may feel the pressure enough to not take their moment.

Chasing the game also concerns me because our tactic seems to be "someone please do something" and nothing more.

But...maybe it will work again!

Shaw starting would definitely help give us more balance and improve in the final third. We can't get the ball through the middle, we don't have anyone to create something on the left so it's all on the right side which our opposition should have defended better than they have. The Dutch will do. So we have to be more balanced.

I think Germany, Spain and France have all won things, repeatedly, whereas you’re a Russian linesman away from winning fuck all. How did they all end up in the hardest route? You’re lucky and jammy when groups are allocated and the route if the draw you end up in. There’s no way you’re in the same ieague as the above 3.

Watching Spain right now, whoever gets them in the final are getting handed their arse.

As for us, we aren’t at the races, neither are you ability wise. Every one of your games have been an instant cure for insomnia. You probably noticed. All I’m saying is on your displays, if you hadn’t been drawn against second rate teams, relatively, you woukd never have got through. You have to know that.

Oh I do know how it works, but, again, you have won fuck all for 60 years and that took a goal that was never a goal. If I supported any of Germany, France or Spain I would be asking questions. You mentioned getting to the semi finals and final, you played fuck all on the way to both of them too.

You’re lucky and it makes you look like contenders, but when you look at who you actually beat, it’s falls apart. Do you actually think your team is in the same bracket as the best here?

You confuse having the best ieague in the world with you being up there. What is it the best teams have in relation to English players? Two if you’re lucky? It’s the best because you can afford to bring the best, take them away and your ieague is nothing.

Need to end it, Southgate in talking and I’m starting to feel queasy. Good luck tomorrow night. Let’s hope it lasts.

Typical seething hammered sweaty sock whenever England do OK.

Hope that was your last can of McEwens , you must be hanging this morning.

I played golf for the last game.. it’s a little late for today’s.. I’ll watch shite on YouTube I guess

No way I’ll watch another second of the waistcoat’s clueless managerial journey…

Game day! c'mon England

Good luck to those supporting Holland tonight. whoever wins wins. life goes on.
Have a good day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.