Netherlands v England - Wed 10th July, 20:00 | Euro 2024 Semi-Final

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The penalty was considered a controversial call in our media. beyond that, very fun game to watch for the neutral observer, both teams had their chances and England had fairly long spells where they were control of it. All in all fairly even and luck perhaps fell to the UK but it wasnt a undeserved win.

FWIW I wasn't being critical of Foden the player (he was the best player in the 1st half). I was critical of some of the things he did in the second half, specifically holding onto the ball for too long (he's learned that from Bellingham). Whether you're a City fan or not surely you can see he wasn't the same force in the 2nd half, his replacement came on, did make the pass early and it set up the winner.

And yes Rice had a shocker. He was very poor for most of the match.
helps when your striker actually runs into space instead of doing an impression of a traffic cone

If we win the tournament then Southgate wins the argument and all those of us who have slated him are wrong. Simple. If we lose then we are right - he’s not good enough to win a major tournament. It’s pointless arguing the point til Sunday night. If we loose he’s thrown away the chance to win three trophies. If we win then he’s successfully progressed us to win a major tournament. Pretty back and white to me.

Tonight was a game changer and regardless of Saturday I believe history will be kind to Gareth.

Whilst not a fan, his record stands out and most accept that football is fine margins.

2 finals in 3 years and first on foreign soil.

He’ll be the second best England manager whatever happens.

As you say he’ll be immortal if we win, will be given an award from the King either way.

Whilst most football fans won’t have much respect, it’s so strange.

Be a great one for debating is Southgate a great English manager.

I could argue and believe both sides!!

helps when your striker actually runs into space instead of doing an impression of a traffic cone
Watkins deserves the nod. Again it down to Southgate getting the correct balance to accommodate Kane being dropped.

Last edited:
Tonight was a game changer and regardless of Saturday I believe history will be kind to Gareth.

Whilst not a fan, his record stands out and most accept that football is fine margins.

As you say he’ll be immortal if we win, will be given an award from the King either way.

Difference Deschamps has won a few trophies. Even Pellegrini despite being like marmite amongst us City fans got us winning a few trophies despite not getting the very best out of what he has got in his last season.

The penalty was considered a controversial call in our media. beyond that, very fun game to watch for the neutral observer, both teams had their chances and England had fairly long spells where they were control of it. All in all fairly even and luck perhaps fell to the UK but it wasnt a undeserved win.

The pen was never a pen, I know the take what your given mentality, but I don’t believe anything will change with that.

Being annoyed about incorrect decisions regardless would be short term loss for long term gain.

Different conversation
Same thing. Deschamps have already knocked out England twice in major tournaments despite not looking like in getting the very best out of his players and at times playing dour football. I may of fancied England's chances if it was they who got through instead of Spain this time around.

Second best England manager is nothing unless you win. Would rather watch England play to our strengths and lose than play the Southgate way and lose which is all that he has done to date.

But if we win on Sunday I couldn't give a crap how we play. We would have won something. Let's hope we do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.