Netherlands v England - Wed 10th July, 20:00 | Euro 2024 Semi-Final

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Second best England manager is nothing unless you win. Would rather watch England play to our strengths and lose than play the Southgate way and lose which is all that he has done to date.

But if we win on Sunday I couldn't give a crap how we play. We would have won something. Let's hope we do.
I say fair fucks Southgate if he does. However he has to be really savvy on Sunday for that to happen. Unfortunately for England he hasn't shown enough of being that despite getting through past tournaments. England are meant to be one of the World's Footballing superpowers but have been woefully short and that doesn't just include being on Southgate's watch.

Good result and deserved. Bar that goal Netherlands were awful and didn't really offer anything.

Foden was unlucky not to score a couple of goals and that wouldn't have flattered England at all.

The second half wasn't as brilliant as the first half but we left them scraps and made them look very ordinary.

I think this is the best team for the final. Maybe he can tweak again if he needs to to when Spanish legs get tired, but I feel it'll be us doing all the chasing.

Spain looks pretty strong, cant deny that, i think from our end w will likely see them as the favourites.

Expectations for Southgate is win it or it wasnt good enough? That would seem a bit much, realisticly it has to be considered a succesfull capaing for England whatever the outcome is.

Spain looks pretty strong, cant deny that, i think from our end w will likely see them as the favourites.

Expectations for Southgate is win it or it wasnt good enough? That would seem a bit much, realisticly it has to be considered a succesfull capaing for England whatever the outcome is.
From a Spain perspective they know how to win a tournament playing good football.

With Southgate in charge, this is a wildly successful campaign.

All credit to the squad save Kane and Bellingham, both of whom consider themselves bigger than the team, especially the latter, and I have absolutely no time for that, regardless of their individual moments through the tournament (I genuinely believe we wouldn’t have struggled as much as we have if they played for the team rather than themselves).

Special mention to Mainoo, Foden, Stones, and Saka, and who have all performed well, even as they were either underutilised or misused.

And Watkins should probably be on that list if he was given the minutes he deserved. I hope he starts against Spain, but I know it will be Kane.

With Southgate in charge, this is a wildly successful campaign.

All credit to the squad save Kane and Bellingham, both of whom consider themselves bigger than the team, especially the latter, and I have absolutely no time for that, regardless of their individual moments through the tournament (I genuinely believe we wouldn’t have struggled as much as we have if they played for the team rather than themselves).

Special mention to Mainoo, Foden, Stones, and Saka, and who have all performed well, even as they were either underutilised or misused.

And Watkins should probably be on that list if he was given the minutes he deserved. I hope he starts against Spain, but I know it will be Kane.
Against stronger nations it would be an impressive feat. Saying even this tournament If there is a new manager coming in then there is something to build on.

FWIW I wasn't being critical of Foden the player (he was the best player in the 1st half). I was critical of some of the things he did in the second half, specifically holding onto the ball for too long (he's learned that from Bellingham). Whether you're a City fan or not surely you can see he wasn't the same force in the 2nd half, his replacement came on, did make the pass early and it set up the winner.

And yes Rice had a shocker. He was very poor for most of the match.

Yeah but Foden never has anyone ahead of him to make the pass to.

He would feed Watkins all night because he actually makes runs. What forward pass can he make when Kane doesn't run?

There are so many times where Foden has the ball and looks forward to try and make passes into the box and nobody is there or there's no movement, so he has to play it back to Mainoo or somebody.

England would've made light work of the Dutch tonight in the first half if we had Watkins on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.