Netherlands v France - Fri 21st June, 20:00 | Euro 2024 Group D

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sorry but loads of goals have been scored when another of the attacking players was offside but clearly not interfering with play.

If you mean directly in front of the keeper, then that is a completely different state of affairs.

The Dutch goal should have stood.

No, I mean a situation like this one, where the ball goes in the net and the off side player is in a more or less direct line between the ball and the goalkeeper.

Irrespective of whether the ‘keeper would have stood a chance of saving it or not, I honestly can’t recall seeing a goal given in those circumstances.

Whatever you think of the decision, the main thing everybody’s after is consistency right?

You’ll do well to find an example where a player in an offside position between the ‘keeper and the ball who wasn’t penalised.

Goal for me. Behind the net view showed the keeper didn't even know the player was there until the ball was just about past him. He had no impact on what the keeper did or didn't do.

Whatever you think of the decision, the main thing everybody’s after is consistency right?

You’ll do well to find an example where a player in an offside position between the ‘keeper and the ball who wasn’t penalised.
There was one at Newcastle several years ago where I felt sure from my lofty position that it would be disallowed. Amazed it stood ah well never mind.

Subjective offside rule needs changing. A line across the field, either on or offside. Semi- auto seems to works well for this. I suspect the present rules are in place to create drama for TV broadcasters and media.

No need, I sat watching classic City yoochoob vids. I can never tire of the Goats 99th goal for us. My favourite G Neville moment. Apart from his appearance on HIGNFY obviously.
I was sat behind the United bench when that goal went in and GPC was apoplectic. I’m sure my old man took a photo of his face afterwards and he looked like a traffic light I’ll try and dig it out

As some of you know I’m Dutch. So don’t blame the orange spectacles.

Most boring game so far in this tournament. 1st 20 minutes was acceptable. We lost the ball far too easily too often. Beating Austria will not be easy. By far.

As for the disallowed goal, imho the goalkeeper was hardly back on his two feet when the ball hit the back of the net. Let alone he would have saved it. Dumfries standing there had no influence on his reaction. But that’s how I see it. I do not understand the goal being disallowed let alone the ref failing to run up to the monitor and decide himself. Probably would’ve disallowed it as well.

Subjective offside rule needs changing. A line across the field, either on or offside. Semi- auto seems to works well for this. I suspect the present rules are in place to create drama for TV broadcasters and media.

You want a shot from the centre of the goal ruled out if someone is in an offside position next to the corner flag?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.