Never seen them so scared.

Yaya_Tony said:
RyantheBlue said:
Let's not get ahead of ourselves, we won the league on goal difference. Buying big hasn't exactly pushed us leagues ahead of them. United will be around all the way, next season could go either way, this is football we're talking about after all.
That we won it on goal difference on the last day is what made it so exhilarating, that said we were also the much better side all season, and the project has only just begun. The scum will cling on, maybe, but in all honesty there is no reason why we can't boss them for a few seasons, like we did every time we played them last season.

Of course anything can happen, however the signs are that the tide is finally turning in our favour, a consequence of that is their downfall. I don't expect a team like the scum to disappear overnight, it will be long and drawn out. They may even escape yet, but the thing that really shits them up is the knowledge we are not going anywhere. That is what really worries them. All those bullshit jibes about empty seats, and the swamp will be a ghost town as the so called support slowly deserts them. It'll be beautiful. Fucking take it.

The cloud hanging over Old Trafford is Ferguson's retirement, there is no doubt that Utd's performance last season was greater than the sum of it's parts, I would say that our performance was not.

When Ferguson goes that will be the crunch time for Utd, whoever replaces him I see the real possibility of Utd going in to tailspin. His tenure at Utd has been so long and his influence so pervasive that in many regards he is the club, when he goes the effect could be catastrophic.

Older posters will remember what happened to Utd when Busby retired, football has changed since then, but the dynamics have not. When powerful figures like Busby and Ferguson disappear its more akin to regime change than a smooth corporate handover.

Nothing, in the short term, goes well with regime change.

Molson Girl said:
royle said:
Molson Girl said:
So it never quite got as high as 97/3 then, even in our lean years when they won everything in site. Which probably means you weren't the only City fan in a class of thirty. Try explaining your support of a club that none of your class mates have even heard of.

The point i am trying to make is that there is a rivalry in Manchester than you can't get away from,hence the interest on here in United.

The point you actually made was 'your not from Manchester so you don't understand' bollocks and started to lie about how tough it's been all these years. Of course I understand the rivalry but don't want to see blues become obsessed about that set of cunts like they were about Liverpool.

That's a good point, true greatness is achieved not in relation to others, but of its self. As Mancini kept banging on at the end of last season, "It's down to us".
From now on City lives in no one's shadow, our achievements are our own, let others chase, we follow no one.

tommo74 said:
That says it all for me real and barca are after our players, who the Fuck are after their players? Mind you I heard a few donkeys on blackpool have retired, so maybe a few big money offers there
That's a very good point. Out of their team who would the top clubs possibly be in for from them. I can only think of a few who are currently viewed at that level.

Rooney
Nani (maybe)
Vidic (maybe but getting old)
Valencia (maybe)

compared to a lot of our side who would be welcomed at a lot of top clubs and are all under 28 (30 with Yaya).
Aguero,
Tevez (even if he's a pain in the arse),
Yaya,
Dzeko (Bayern?),
Vinnie,
Clichy,
Nasri,
NDJ (maybe)
SILVA!

The perfect fumble said:
Yaya_Tony said:
RyantheBlue said:
Let's not get ahead of ourselves, we won the league on goal difference. Buying big hasn't exactly pushed us leagues ahead of them. United will be around all the way, next season could go either way, this is football we're talking about after all.
That we won it on goal difference on the last day is what made it so exhilarating, that said we were also the much better side all season, and the project has only just begun. The scum will cling on, maybe, but in all honesty there is no reason why we can't boss them for a few seasons, like we did every time we played them last season.

Of course anything can happen, however the signs are that the tide is finally turning in our favour, a consequence of that is their downfall. I don't expect a team like the scum to disappear overnight, it will be long and drawn out. They may even escape yet, but the thing that really shits them up is the knowledge we are not going anywhere. That is what really worries them. All those bullshit jibes about empty seats, and the swamp will be a ghost town as the so called support slowly deserts them. It'll be beautiful. Fucking take it.

The cloud hanging over Old Trafford is Ferguson's retirement, there is no doubt that Utd's performance last season was greater than the sum of it's parts, I would say that our performance was not.

When Ferguson goes that will be the crunch time for Utd, whoever replaces him I see the real possibility of Utd going in to tailspin. His tenure at Utd has been so long and his influence so pervasive that in many regards he is the club, when he goes the effect could be catastrophic.

Older posters will remember what happened to Utd when Busby retired, football has changed since then, but the dynamics have not. When powerful figures like Busby and Ferguson disappear its more akin to regime change than a smooth corporate handover.

Ferguson is replaceable. He's good, but there are other good managers out there.

The real cloud hanging over Man United is their inability to compete with us the transfer market.

Since 1993 it is ultimately money which has bought success. They haven't got enough, and unless something drastic happens, they will be playing second fiddle to us for the foreseeable future.

I believe Ferguson will profoundly regret not retiring last year. H

We've got no history - WRONG

We will never win a thing - WRONG

We never fill our stadium - WRONG

We got our stadium for free - WRONG

We have come out of the woodwork - WRONG

Wembley is United's second home, it will make all the difference - WRONG

The Charity Shield was a truer barometer of the season ahead - WRONG

City have had an easy start, now we will see... - WRONG

United conceded six only because we kept on attacking (the 4th from a City corner) -WRONG

United would have won easily if Jonny Evans stayed on - WRONG

United get stronger in the second half of the season - WRONG

United's title experience will be decisive - WRONG

City had no injuries or lost key players for large periods of time - WRONG

Mancini's three titles in Italy count for nothing - WRONG

Baconface is the master of mind games - WRONG

Roy Keane, Clayton Blackmore, Bryan Robson, Rene Multensteen - WRONG

Ashley Young is not a diver - WRONG

City are cracking up - WRONG

Our trophy is only on loan - WRONG

We saw off Chelsea and will see off City - WRONG

Man United Premier League winners 2011-2012....

HOW FUCKING WRONG CAN THESE SET OF WANKERS BE?

tolmie's hairdoo said:

United conceded six only because we kept on attacking (the 4th from a City corner) -WRONG

...though I did hear one saying the other day that they will be appearing in gingham teatowels next season...RIGHT

tolmie's hairdoo said:

I found myself wanting to jump into the screen and shouting "Yeah" to everyone of those points with a raised fist

C_T_I_D said:
This week alone:

"The arabs might pull out next season now you've won the league."
"The title is yours at the moment but we'll win our 20th next season."

United fans are truly clutching at straws and have nothing else to throw at us. One even thrown how much they have won under their current manager at me. They're clutching onto the past because we are the future. Alan Hansen himself said now we've won one league title we could become dominant.

Has anyone else received these types of bitter comments where they clutch at straws?

Heard hundreds of such comments.

Don't rise to the bait. When they start regurgitating facts about historical titles just gently remind them that they sound remarkably like Liverpool fans of the past 20 years.

Usually does the trick for me.

Didsbury Dave said:
The perfect fumble said:
Yaya_Tony said:

Ferguson is replaceable. He's good, but there are other good managers out there.

The real cloud hanging over Man United is their inability to compete with us the transfer market.

Since 1993 it is ultimately money which has bought success. They haven't got enough, and unless something drastic happens, they will be playing second fiddle to us for the foreseeable future.

I believe Ferguson will profoundly regret not retiring last year.
The difference between a good manager and a manager that can hold a club like United together post-Ferguson will be shown to everyone. David Moyes and Harry Redknapp are what I'd class as good managers, but they wouldn't be able to hold United together likes Ferguson has.

This is the problem teams have with stability. Nobody knows what happens afterwards because nobody's been in the job as long as Ferguson.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.