New Beady Eye song - Flick of the finger

MCFC BOB said:
It's just because I have an opinion on Oasis that is constantly tickled on a forum full of their fans. I don't particularly have an opinion on Ocean Colour Scene so I just don't say anything.

Why have I just come to look through your letterbox only to see you prancing around to I Hope, I Think, I Know with a tambourine in your hand?

MCFC BOB said:
There are still thousands of bands out there that are better than Oasis.

And there are millions out there better than Fuck Buttons

As for Be Here Now being a damp squid, it was the fasting selling album ever and most Oasis fans will tell you they fucking love it. I do. I think it's a brilliant album. Also ''oasis soon dried up fast'' they quit leaving after having a Number 1 album so how exactly does a band that runs out of ideas, rips off other artists and not have much talent achieve a Number 1 album , 7th of career after 15 years since there debut album.

If you can't hear the quality music they produced right until the very end and continue to do so now you are just bitter and jealous of there success. You keep crediting Dave Sitek for BE last album but you forget that he was not involved with 'different gear still speeding' which was just as good and just as successful

citykev28 said:
MCFC BOB said:
I must dispel a myth that circulates this forum: I do not hate Oasis.

Their first two albums are, for the most part, hugely enjoyable. They really were at their best during the height of Britpop. I don't think What's the Story? has aged particularly well, but Definitely Maybe has certainly lasted the test of time with quite a lot of people and for good reason. My favourite Oasis song ('Married with Children') is on that album and I've got fond memories of it.

But I blame Be Here Now for the demise of Britpop. That was the release that had everybody on the edge of their seats and it was a damp squib. From there, because of how successful the sound of their first two albums had made them, Oasis didn't bother to particularly change their sound or explore further creative avenues that kept their contemporaries consistent, groundbreaking and refereshing (Radiohead, Pulp and Blur, for example).

And that's the one thing that bugs me about Oasis: their lack of desire to grow. Liam and Noel have become slightly more creative with their new bands, but I can tell you now that the introduction to Shine A Light and the horns used on Flick of the Finger came about thanks to TV On the Radio's Dave Sitek, and not Liam. Neither Gallagher has much in the shape of ideas (Noel has enough to think of writing tracks like 'What a Life') and it crippled Oasis right until the very end because they couldn't sit down for two minutes and put their minds together.

Oasis dried up and they dried up fast, and unfortunately it seems to be happening to Arctic Monkeys. Bands that lack ideas and an ability to change eventually get found out, and I feel that happened to Oasis.

-- July 23rd, 2013, 6:07 pm --

citykev28 said:
Don't try to talk down to me BOB, you patronising little ****.
I respect you hugely and wouldn't consider talking down to you, even if you do know fuck all about music ;)

OK babe, fair enough. What I don't understand though is why you constantly try to put them down on any thread where they are discussed. Is it because they are from Manchester and have a lot of support on this forum so you think you'll get more of a reaction?

You never seem to try to take any other band apart in the same way you do Oasis. Explain to me for example, what is wrong with Ocean Colour Scene (cue the knobhead of the forum popping up with some witty comment).

MCFC BOB was probably bullied throughout his younger years by fans of bands such as Oasis etc. that is why he holds them in such angst. Look at the bands he has named above Radiohead, Pulp and Blur, all OK bands but the favourite of awkward student types who never got any girls.

Markt85 said:
MCFC BOB said:
There are still thousands of bands out there that are better than Oasis.

As for Be Here Now being a damp squid, it was the fasting selling album ever and most Oasis fans will tell you they fucking love it. I do. I think it's a brilliant album. Also ''oasis soon dried up fast'' they quit leaving after having a Number 1 album so how exactly does a band that runs out of ideas, rips off other artists and not have much talent achieve a Number 1 album , 7th of career after 15 years since there debut album.

If you can't hear the quality music they produced right until the very end and continue to do so now you are just bitter and jealous of there success. You keep crediting Dave Sitek for BE last album but you forget that he was not involved with 'different gear still speeding' which was just as good and just as successful
nail on the fckin head great post,be here now was a brilliant album

Markt85 said:
I know.

As for Be Here Now being a damp squid, it was the fasting selling album ever and most Oasis fans will tell you they fucking love it. I do. I think it's a brilliant album.
So you and a bunch of other loyal Oasis fans think an Oasis album is good? You do surprise me.

Also ''oasis soon dried up fast'' they quit leaving after having a Number 1 album so how exactly does a band that runs out of ideas, rips off other artists and not have much talent achieve a Number 1 album , 7th of career after 15 years since there debut album.
I don't know, maybe you should ask them. Again, I will stress that sales does not = quality. It's a stupid argument that can be disproved with a large number of acts that have sold incredibly.

If you can't hear the quality music they produced right until the very end and continue to do so now you are just bitter and jealous of there success.
I'm not bitter or jealous. I understand exactly why they're famous.

You keep crediting Dave Sitek for BE last album but you forget that he was not involved with 'different gear still speeding' which was just as good and just as successful
Different Gear, Still Speeding was shite. And again, success does not equal quality.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.