New chants

cleavers said:
Ed2607 said:
I have no interest in scoring points to prove you wrong in a post where I simply wanted to prove Baconface wrong. Why your defending him against me I don't understand
LOL I'm not backing the whiskey soaked twat over you, just the physics of it, other than a few milliseconds around the time its struck, a ball can't further accelerate, only decelerate.

If you read some of my other posts, you'll see I've mentioned that RVP "should be dead" a few times, and what the old twat said was ridiculous.

Good, our debate was about acceleration then so Ill agree to disagree with your interpretation as no doubt you'll disagree with mine. As long as we both agree that his quotes were ludocrous and VP could not have been killed then I'm happy :-)

(Still don't agree with you about accelration though lol j/k)

Ed2607 said:
cleavers said:
Ed2607 said:
I have no interest in scoring points to prove you wrong in a post where I simply wanted to prove Baconface wrong. Why your defending him against me I don't understand
LOL I'm not backing the whiskey soaked twat over you, just the physics of it, other than a few milliseconds around the time its struck, a ball can't further accelerate, only decelerate.

If you read some of my other posts, you'll see I've mentioned that RVP "should be dead" a few times, and what the old twat said was ridiculous.

Good, our debate was about acceleration then so Ill agree to disagree with your interpretation as no doubt you'll disagree with mine. As long as we both agree that his quotes were ludocrous and VP could not have been killed then I'm happy :-)

(Still don't agree with you about accelration though lol j/k)

From a different point of view the acceleration of the ball is not the only factor involved. What if RVP had a skull with the strength of Petr Cech's (not the best example)?

WTF
Never been recorded a player being killed as yet by being hit by of all things a football Suggest the idiot fergie rant is taken as said, just and idiot rant.
Who in a normal world believes a word that clown says anyway other than the foolish media.
Any blue supporting the OAP's rantings needs to look hard in the mirror and question where his loyalties lie.

mrt4919 said:
WTF
Never been recorded a player being killed as yet by being hit by of all things a football Suggest the idiot fergie rant is taken as said, just and idiot rant.
Who in a normal world believes a word that clown says anyway other than the foolish media.
Any blue supporting the OAP's rantings needs to look hard in the mirror and question where his loyalties lie.

Deary me, if you read carefully I don't think anyone is supporting Ferguson.

Admittedly it is a bit confusing at times.

Ed2607 said:
cleavers said:
Ed2607 said:
for the record, it wouldn't have killed anyone. The ball was too close to him and therefore traveling slow. Wouldve done more damage hit from distance as the speed would have built up to 70 plus mph, from short distance no real speed would have built up.
I guess you neither a physicist, nor a mathematician, because after being struck the ball would only get slower. Its the strike of the ball that accelerates it, and immediately friction with the air starts to slow it down.

Wrong. Your ignoring the very force which thrusts an object to its target, acceleration.

Secondly, I'm afraid to disappoint you on your guess but my knowledge on the subject is not derived from guesswork or conjecture. Perhaps my explanation in the last post wasn't clear so Ill try and clarify if it makes you happier.

Simply put, it takes an object time to build up acceleration, in this case the ball. From leaving the boot the ball will not accelerate to 70 mph immediately no matter how hard it's hit. (Eg: A car will not go from 0 to 60 in 0 seconds no matter how powerful the engine) this has to do with inertia, motion and Mr Newtons gravity and the forces of physics.

Regardless of this, the ball is full of air, it will not kill someone otherwise we might have a few more people ducking out of walls because by the time the ball travels 10 yards the force, speed and power of the ball is far greater than one travelling over a few feet which means impact would be far greater over the objects prime distance. (The distance where it achieves maximum velocity before, as you point out, starting to reduce in speed)

Bacon face was wrong to say what he said and you can defend it all you want but fact is better than fiction in most instances.

A Yank who doesn't get irony or physics... What are the odds?

;-)

cleavers said:
mansour's tow ropes said:
yeh thats it thanks. what is the original song?

Bob Marley

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mACqcZZwG0k
I thought it was but that chant sounds nothing like it

And i think the nastasic one is something about plays in blue and white, makes everyone look shite, cant get any better than winning every header, nastasic is fooking dynamite

I'd like clarification on this

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.