New City fan: what should I know?

stony said:
The list of heroes is a bit shorter and much easier to learn, but they shine all the more for it.
We have a history that is rich and varied. From tragicomedy to iconic moments of sporting history.
Any book by Gary James is good place to start.
Thanks for that. Much appreciated, if you want 1 book to start with then get "Manchester The City Years". It covers every season up to summer 2012 and there's a text only kindle edition now <a class="postlink" href="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Manchester-City-Years-1857-2012-Text-ebook/dp/B00M74AHNW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1411152327&sr=8-1&keywords=manchester+the+city+years" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.amazon.co.uk/Manchester-City ... city+years</a>

If in doubt do the free Look Inside feature on amazon and it'll give you a feel for how detailed it is and how it's written.

I'd also encourage everyone to make use of the wealth of material on Bluemoon, particularly in the history section - <a class="postlink" href="http://bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/History/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/History/</a>

I'm a new City fan here as well from Florida. I'm seeing more City shirts here in the states. The area I live is mainly Arsenal and Liverpool fans. This thread has been great! !

johnnytapia said:
Resurrection said:
So I've been hanging around here reading and throwing in some comments where I can, I've also watched the movie "Blue Moon Rising". As a new City supporter, what should I know?

Some background on me... I'm Canadian and (of course) love hockey. My grandparents on my Mothers side (Ukrainian) were displaced by WW2 and met in Manchester. It's there my Mom was born and just a few years later they sailed for Canada and a new life. So I feel an affinity for Manchester and couldn't see myself being a Reds fan (they seem like real spoiled brats to me). Now with our cable showing so many BPL matches I can actually choose a side and follow a club, which I think is far more fun than just following the league as a whole.

Oh and I also wonder too when they release the schedule each year for the Premiership, how many months in advance. I'm getting married next year and my fiancee has agreed to see a football match in Europe on our way to the honeymoon.

Fuck me, I've no doubt you're bang into your football (when the ice-hockey season's finished) but the fact you have to ask what you should know is symptomatic of the modern fan. You support the team where you're born and braised. If that means Edmonton Electrics, so be it. Nobody needs telling why to support a team. It's akin to me mithering you to guide me to a decent ice-speedway team. You'd rightly tell me to fuck off and follow my local outfit, local sport.

Sorry bud, if you have to ask, you'll never know.

I asked about history and club culture and traditions. What I should know about being a fan. I don't need nor care if I have your permission to be a blue.

And guess what? We already have something in common, friend. We both support City.

sir baconface said:
Being a Blue is something you feel, not something you learn.

funny you should write that. today when we tied up the game on Lampards goal I cheered without having to think about it, in nearly the same way I cheer for my Jets.

Resurrection said:
johnnytapia said:
Resurrection said:
So I've been hanging around here reading and throwing in some comments where I can, I've also watched the movie "Blue Moon Rising". As a new City supporter, what should I know?

Some background on me... I'm Canadian and (of course) love hockey. My grandparents on my Mothers side (Ukrainian) were displaced by WW2 and met in Manchester. It's there my Mom was born and just a few years later they sailed for Canada and a new life. So I feel an affinity for Manchester and couldn't see myself being a Reds fan (they seem like real spoiled brats to me). Now with our cable showing so many BPL matches I can actually choose a side and follow a club, which I think is far more fun than just following the league as a whole.

Oh and I also wonder too when they release the schedule each year for the Premiership, how many months in advance. I'm getting married next year and my fiancee has agreed to see a football match in Europe on our way to the honeymoon.

Fuck me, I've no doubt you're bang into your football (when the ice-hockey season's finished) but the fact you have to ask what you should know is symptomatic of the modern fan. You support the team where you're born and braised. If that means Edmonton Electrics, so be it. Nobody needs telling why to support a team. It's akin to me mithering you to guide me to a decent ice-speedway team. You'd rightly tell me to fuck off and follow my local outfit, local sport.

Sorry bud, if you have to ask, you'll never know.

I asked about history and club culture and traditions. What I should know about being a fan. I don't need nor care if I have your permission to be a blue.

And guess what? We already have something in common, friend. We both support City.

Well said young man, enjoy supporting the best team in the land, in all the world. And as I've said earlier in the thread, remember we're Man City we fight to the end. :-)

1- If anyone questions your loyalty, reply by telling them you were at York away. Whether you were or weren't.
2- It's a barm

That's you. Sorted.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.