New CL Format | Thoughts after 2 games (pg13)

Not worthy of me commenting really as I don't particularly like the competition. Bit like all cup competitions, it's only interesting in the latter stages. It's all built to ensure the big teams make it through and most of the public who watch it on telly want that. They all want Real Madrid, City, Bayern Munich, Juventus, Barcelona etc, etc into the quarters and semis.

Not worthy of me commenting really as I don't particularly like the competition. Bit like all cup competitions, it's only interesting in the latter stages. It's all built to ensure the big teams make it through and most of the public who watch it on telly want that. They all want Real Madrid, City, Bayern Munich, Juventus, Barcelona etc, etc into the quarters and semis.
It’s not even a cup competition though is it? Not till March anyway.

Fuck this, celtic went from 2nd to 20th after 1 game....

Still shit,not sold fuck off those who pushed this thru
Is that not exactly like the Premier League? Win 5-1 on week one and you’re right up there. Lose the next game 7-1 and you drop to mid-table. A league format isn’t difficult to understand.

Don't like the new format but will see how it goes. Totally down to UEFA and tv making extra money. No thought for the fans. Wish I'd not signed up for the cup scheme now. Be interesting to see on Jan 29th as 18 matches all kick off at same time, how many actually have any jeopardy in them.

What happens, if after 8 games, two teams placed 8th and 9th are locked on the same points and goals for and against, plus they didn't play each other, which team goes straight through?

I think it might take a season of seeing how it turns out, to give everyone an idea of how much is to be gained from a high ranking after the group stage.

If say the top two seeds, or maybe one of third or fourth, get a nice easy passage through and meet in the final, it will make teams more inclined to think that it’s imperative to really go for it in the group games and try and ensure a high finish.

But if it turns out a team down in seventh or eighth, or even one that the comes through the play off round, ends up with a relatively easy way through to the final, then they’re more likely going forward to think.. fuck it, as long as we qualify, it’s not that important in what position.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.