New Contracts (Kompany signs until 2019 - page 52)

Re: New Contracts

80s Shorts said:
117 M34 said:
80s Shorts said:
I'm sorry but that is a laughable argument.

Using a non plausible situation to prove your argument. Even you yourself say that the argument you put forward wouldnt happen.

The fact is you are trying to say that Barcelona having a 200m buyout for Messi is of no benefit to Barcelona. Absolute bollocks imho.

ok, how about this made up scenario which has the exact same principle.

Stockport's best player is called Diego Zidane. He is worth 25k - this figure is what Stockport, Telford and the rest of the footballing world think he is worth. However, his buy out clause is 30k.

Stockport are skint and need to sell a player. Telford want Zidane and Stockport have to sell to raise the money.

They phone Stockport and offer 25k ( the fee both clubs value him at).
Stockport agree to sell, Zidane agrees to move to Telford, the deal goes through.

Now, where did Zidane's buy out clause of 30k help Stockport?

We are going round in circles here. You qualify your argumeent by saying Stockport are skint and use Zidane ( another made up scenario ).

If they didnt want to sell at 25k then they would not have to. So therefore it benefits the club not wishing to sell.

I'm sure it was shown above how my point makes sense.

So you want a real life scenario...figo was bought by Madrid for 45m$ from barca.
Barca didn't want to sell him but had to after his clause was met.

How did figo's buy out clause benefit barca?

Figo wanted to leave and they got more than market for him.

If the buy-out clause wasn't high enough that is a different argument.

117 M34 said:
80s Shorts said:
117 M34 said:

Stockport's best player is called Diego Zidane. He is worth 25k - this figure is what Stockport, Telford and the rest of the footballing world think he is worth. However, his buy out clause is 30k.

Stockport are skint and need to sell a player. Telford want Zidane and Stockport have to sell to raise the money.

Stockport agree to sell, Zidane agrees to move to Telford, the deal goes through.

We are going round in circles here. You qualify your argumeent by saying Stockport are skint and use Zidane ( another made up scenario ).

If they didnt want to sell at 25k then they would not have to. So therefore it benefits the club not wishing to sell.

So you want a real life scenario...figo was bought by Madrid for 45m$ from barca.

halfcenturyup said:
Figo wanted to leave and they got more than market for him.

If the buy-out clause wasn't high enough that is a different argument.

117 M34 said:
80s Shorts said:

Perfectly put.

117 M34 said:
80s Shorts said:
117 M34 said:

Barcelona got the money they wanted for him. That's how they benefited.

johnson28392 said:
117 M34 said:
80s Shorts said:

Jesus christ this a very simple concept I really don't see why people can't get it...

If Figo didn't have a release clause Barcelona could have insisted on a higher fee OR forced Figo to stay!!

How does that release clause benefit Barcelona??

depps said:
johnson28392 said:
117 M34 said:

Jesus christ this a very simple concept I really don't see why people can't get it...

If Figo didn't have a release clause Barcelona could have insisted on a higher fee OR forced Figo to stay!!

Clubs forcing players to stay generally doesn't go down too well. Players usually have all the power if they want to leave.

depps said:
johnson28392 said:
117 M34 said:

Because 9 times out of 10 you put in a release clause that is much higher than his market value.

The release fee is designed to protect both the player and the club. If a club is daft enough to put a release fee on a player which is less or the same as his market value then its their own fault when they lose the player.

Robinho's Subbuteo said:
So, has Silva signed or not? Who to believe?

Believe who you like. I'm not sure about Sergio. However I'm 99% certain my amigo is not signing a new contract.
Things change quickly but at this moment in time no talks are planned or arranged to discuss a new contract . 100% on my son's life a new contract has not been signed by DS today or prior (since his last one 9/2012).
As I've already said I am not privy to Sergio's situation. With DS you can trust me.

Let's go & win the league now ... just give it to David.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.