New Contracts (Kompany signs until 2019 - page 52)

Re: New Contracts

blueparrot said:
Andouble said:
LoveCity said:
Jamie Jackson says Nasri will see an improvement on his "wages of around £170,000 per week". It strikes me as strange how none of these guys acknowledge Soriano's lower basic system - unless it's not actually being implemented as much as we think.

Nasri was signed before the new regime came in though, it would have to be a raise for an extension, he wouldn't re-up for 5 more seasons on 30% less money, like he would probably earn if he joined us this summer?

He would if he was going to earn more with bonuses, and he would if it was still more than he thought he could get by moving.
Perhaps he's not evening getting a 'raise'. If he signs up on a 5 year deal that'll take him through to 32 (his birthday's in June) on very good money even on the restructured wage scheme then where else would he go?. He's at a club where he'll compete for trophies and where he's obviously enjoying himself.

There's several offers on the table, Dzeko, Kolarov and Milner are in there but not done and dusted.

Whoever invited me round for dinner, wine and 'something in the basement', we'll see.

So Bonuses, these new deals have greatly reduced basic wages with much higher bonuses. Bonuses of course count towards FFP but here is the super cool totally awesome bit.

City have insurance on all their bonuses! So when we won the league lest month we paid exactly £0 out of club coffers. Of course we pay premiums on these but still, nice!

MCRJON said:
There's several offers on the table, Dzeko, Kolarov and Milner are in there but not done and dusted.

Whoever invited me round for dinner, wine and 'something in the basement', we'll see.

So Bonuses, these new deals have greatly reduced basic wages with much higher bonuses. Bonuses of course count towards FFP but here is the super cool totally awesome bit.

City have insurance on all their bonuses! So when we won the league lest month we paid exactly £0 out of club coffers. Of course we pay premiums on these but still, nice!
Bonuses of course count towards FFP
City seem to disagree on the OS :- http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/2014/May/Club-statement-16-May
- The wage bill of the whole club (playing and non-playing staff) for 2014-15 will need to remain at the same level as that of 2013-14 season. It is important to note that additional bonuses for performances can be paid outside this number. Importantly, in reality, the existing MCFC business plan sees a natural decline in that wage bill.
unless that's specific to City for the length of the sanctions?

Lol, that's the first I've ever seen that :-
City have insurance on all their bonuses! So when we won the league lest month we paid exactly £0 out of club coffers. Of course we pay premiums on these but still, nice![

I think what's meant here is that bonuses do not count against UEFAs current FFP sanctions against us, but of course they are an expense and count against our spending as regards future FFP compliance.

Nasri, Kolarov, dzeko, Milner would be a 25m amort if that goes over 5 years if they all extend our P and L will improve by 20m.

Give a few guys like Ferna another year and we could probably get another 10m and that doesn't include lescott, Barry etc who could save is another 10m

Ray78 said:
nmc said:
Ray78 said:
If there isn't a new deal on the table and he wants more game time then it is better to cash in now. Especially if we have a budget to juggle with. Although It would be a dubious career choice if it is either Liverpool or Arsenal even if both teams are in the Champions League.

Milner would be better off going to Everton.

Not a bad choice and more chance of him playing in his preferred role.

Quite he will get no more game time at Liverpool or Arsenal - and won't play in the middle.

MCRJON said:

I think our insurance is effectively large bets placed with a large bookmaking chain.

MCRJON said:

I have to admit that things involving our club just get weirder and weirder by the week. Insure ourselves against having to pay bonuses!!!!!!

I wonder what kind of insurer would take that one on? Although, as they say: 'there's no such thing as a free lunch', so we must have hefty premiums.
Do the premiums get counted towards ffp?

more lazy than useless said:
MCRJON said:

I have to admit that things involving our club just get weirder and weirder by the week. Insure ourselves against having to pay bonuses!!!!!!

I wonder what kind of insurer would take that one on? Although, as they say: 'there's no such thing as a free lunch', so we must have hefty premiums.
Do the premiums get counted towards ffp?
Depends what they get classed as I guess. But if they're lower than having to pay the bonuses outright then we're ahead of the game anyway.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.