New Contracts (Kompany signs until 2019 - page 52)

Re: New Contracts

Question about the new contracts: Surely giving players the same amount of money but just doing it in bonuses is too obvious? Won't UEFA bring something in against this?

City will be renegotiating contracts that will pay the players a lower basic wage but higher bonuses, depending on our success in certain competitions.

So, if we win the Premier League, then the players receive a bonus that can be paid from the associated prize money.

What we don't want is the situation (as we have had) where the players earn a load of basic salary irrespective of their performance. Then we have a problem.

We couldn't at the time but imagine how much different our figures for FFP would have been had we paid players bonuses for winning things instead of a basic wage? Players like Tevez, Adebayor, Bridge, Santa Cruz, Bellamy and so on and so on would have been paid a lot, lot less.

Nixon_The_Bike_Thief said:
All this talk of the new wage structures with low basic and high bonus to circumnavigate the wage issue with FFP, I understand what we are currently doing but a hypothetical question for the FFP SME's, What is to stop us in theory paying a basic weekly wage of £5 with a bonus payment of £99,995 each week if you can put your boots on the right feet unassisted ? (the example is in the extreme but you get the gist)

As I understand it, bonuses DO count towards the FFP regulations, however, City have negotiated the special terms as part of the 'settlement' with UEFA for latest round of FFP calculations.

We should be OK in any case given Khaldoon's and Ferran's statements about breaking even this year.

Nixon_The_Bike_Thief said:
All this talk of the new wage structures with low basic and high bonus to circumnavigate the wage issue with FFP, I understand what we are currently doing but a hypothetical question for the FFP SME's, What is to stop us in theory paying a basic weekly wage of £5 with a bonus payment of £99,995 each week if you can put your boots on the right feet unassisted ? (the example is in the extreme but you get the gist)

This would be really unfair on boyata.

Gary Payne ‏@garypayne19 2m
Samir Nasri set to sign new 5 year deal at #mcfc. Hart, Dzeko & Kolarov to be offered new terms <a class="postlink" href="http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jun/06/samir-nasri-new-contract-manchester-city-joe-hart" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... y-joe-hart</a> … by @JamieJackson___

Jamie Jackson says Nasri will see an improvement on his "wages of around £170,000 per week". It strikes me as strange how none of these guys acknowledge Soriano's lower basic system - unless it's not actually being implemented as much as we think.

LoveCity said:
Jamie Jackson says Nasri will see an improvement on his "wages of around £170,000 per week". It strikes me as strange how none of these guys acknowledge Soriano's lower basic system - unless it's not actually being implemented as much as we think.

Jamie Jackson is really RAG reporter.

LoveCity said:

Media doesnt know shit what players earn they just make it up.

LoveCity said:

He also describes Jimmy Milner as a forward.

BlueDejong said:
Gary Payne ‏@garypayne19 2m
Samir Nasri set to sign new 5 year deal at #mcfc. Hart, Dzeko & Kolarov to be offered new terms <a class="postlink" href="http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jun/06/samir-nasri-new-contract-manchester-city-joe-hart" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... y-joe-hart</a> … by @JamieJackson___

No jimmy :(

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.