New Contracts (Kompany signs until 2019 - page 52)

Re: New Contracts

karen7 said:
BlueDejong said:
Gary Payne ‏@garypayne19 2m
Samir Nasri set to sign new 5 year deal at #mcfc. Hart, Dzeko & Kolarov to be offered new terms <a class="postlink" href="http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jun/06/samir-nasri-new-contract-manchester-city-joe-hart" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... y-joe-hart</a> … by @JamieJackson___

No jimmy :(

Yeah, sadly he wants to leave... was great servant and good utility player..

It is a shame about Milner, he is a good utility player but both Roberto Mancini and Manuel Pellegrini didn't quite rate him as a CM for a very good reason.

Ray78 said:
It is a shame about Milner, he is a good utility player but both Roberto Mancini and Manuel Pellegrini didn't quite rate him as a CM for a very good reason.

He can fill in at CM, but he's miles behind Yaya, Fernandinho and (as people will soon see) Fernando as a central midfielder. And it's not just Mancini and Pellegrini who have agreed with that, but Capello and Hodgson who also opted to use him as a winger. I think Milner played well on the left wing last season when stationed there as well as being his usual reliable self on the right, but playing central midfield for City and playing central midfield for Villa are two different things and I doubt Arsenal or Liverpool would guarantee him a starting spot there. City should make him stay until the end of his deal unless someone makes a huge offer (like we did to get Nasri and United did to get Van Persie).

LoveCity said:
Ray78 said:

He can fill in at CM, but he's miles behind Yaya, Fernandinho and (as people will soon see) Fernando as a central midfielder. And it's not just Mancini and Pellegrini who have agreed with that, but Capello and Hodgson who also opted to use him as a winger. I think Milner played well on the left wing last season when stationed there as well as being his usual reliable self on the right, but playing central midfield for City and playing central midfield for Villa are two different things and I doubt Arsenal or Liverpool would guarantee him a starting spot there. City should make him stay until the end of his deal unless someone makes a huge offer (like we did to get Nasri and United did to get Van Persie).

The thing is if we are looking at Fabregas or any other midfielder,then the £10 mill we could get for him is our best chance of getting our summer budget up from £49 mil without really hurting our first 11. The only other option would be Kolarov but then he would need replacing.

LoveCity said:
Ray78 said:

If there isn't a new deal on the table and he wants more game time then it is better to cash in now. Especially if we have a budget to juggle with. Although It would be a dubious career choice if it is either Liverpool or Arsenal even if both teams are in the Champions League.

Ray78 said:
LoveCity said:
Ray78 said:

If there isn't a new deal on the table and he wants more game time then it is better to cash in now. Especially if we have a budget to juggle with. Although It would be a dubious career choice if it is either Liverpool or Arsenal even if both teams are in the Champions League.

Milner would be better off going to Everton.

nmc said:
Ray78 said:
LoveCity said:

Milner will do a Mickey "O" I reckon.

LoveCity said:
Jamie Jackson says Nasri will see an improvement on his "wages of around £170,000 per week". It strikes me as strange how none of these guys acknowledge Soriano's lower basic system - unless it's not actually being implemented as much as we think.

Nasri was signed before the new regime came in though, it would have to be a raise for an extension, he wouldn't re-up for 5 more seasons on 30% less money, like he would probably earn if he joined us this summer?

Andouble said:
LoveCity said:
Jamie Jackson says Nasri will see an improvement on his "wages of around £170,000 per week". It strikes me as strange how none of these guys acknowledge Soriano's lower basic system - unless it's not actually being implemented as much as we think.

Nasri was signed before the new regime came in though, it would have to be a raise for an extension, he wouldn't re-up for 5 more seasons on 30% less money, like he would probably earn if he joined us this summer?

He would if he was going to earn more with bonuses, and he would if it was still more than he thought he could get by moving.

nmc said:
Ray78 said:
LoveCity said:

Not a bad choice and more chance of him playing in his preferred role.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.