New Contracts (Kompany signs until 2019 - page 52)

Re: New Contracts

Seriously sexy news :)

Will be great timing if we use the news to stick 2 fingers up to the FFP stuff that's going to break next week :)

Infirmus Cygnus said:
117 M34 said:
Pokes28 said:
Can you do a brief explanation of this? I understand the way contracts of athletes work here in the States, but I do not know how these contracts always seem so volatile for European football clubs.

Buy out clauses work in favour of the player and the buying club only.
They set a price that states that the player must be sold if the given amount is offered.
So for example, let's say that we put a 100m buy out clause on silva. If someone offered us 100m we would have to sell him.
However, if someone offered us a tenner and we were happy to accept that price, we could also sell him for that.

They are not common place in England but are so in Spain due a law they have over there which says every player must have one.
Spanish teams often put on a huge buy out clause to stop other clubs from buying them at a cheaper price, but if they want to sell them for the cheaper price they are free do so.

I'm all in favour of buy-out clauses. They're fucking brilliant.

Baconface activated the clause Phil Jones had to drag him to the swamp from Blackburn. One of the most hilarious buys he ever made.
Now that must be true judging by this picture:

117 M34 said:
80s Shorts said:
117 M34 said:

Buy out clauses work in favour of the player and the buying club only.

They set a price that states that the player must be sold if the given amount is offered.
So for example, let's say that we put a 100m buy out clause on silva. If someone offered us 100m we would have to sell him.
However, if someone offered us a tenner and we were happy to accept that price, we could also sell him for that.

They are not common place in England but are so in Spain due a law they have over there which says every player must have one.
Spanish teams often put on a huge buy out clause to stop other clubs from buying them at a cheaper price, but if they want to sell them for the cheaper price they are free do so.

Ah, I see.

So Messis reported 200 Million buy out clause is of no benefit to Barcelona.

Thanks I get it now.

No it isn't. If they were willing to accept £30m (yes, I know they wouldn't) then we could buy him for that, if he wanted to come, regardless of any buy out clause, whether it be 30m or 300m.

And yes, of course it is up to the player to agree to a move, I wasn't suggesting any player could be forced to move somewhere as a result of a buy out clause - again in favour of the player not the clubs.

I'm sorry but that is a laughable argument.

Using a non plausible situation to prove your argument. Even you yourself say that the argument you put forward wouldnt happen.

The fact is you are trying to say that Barcelona having a 200m buyout for Messi is of no benefit to Barcelona. Absolute bollocks imho.

If we have signed Silva up to a new contract then I reckon we have got him for the rest of his career which is massive.

Whilst Silva is a massive coup, Sergio is arguably bigger with him just about to come into his prime as a striker, if we can get him on a new 5 year deal that would be a huge statement.

sam-caddick said:
If we have signed Silva up to a new contract then I reckon we have got him for the rest of his career which is massive.

Whilst Silva is a massive coup, Sergio is arguably bigger with him just about to come into his prime as a striker, if we can get him on a new 5 year deal that would be a huge statement.

Massive in fact ;-)

sam-caddick said:

*sniff, sniff*

;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.