New Council Tax Bill

I don’t mind the rise if things improve but they don’t, can’t believe those cheeky fuckers in the fire service want an extra 5%, probably paying for all those extra rainbow flags ;)

Please post with your real name and address when you state this shit - just enables the Fire and Rescue Service able to identify you and adjust response times when you need them - they can stop off and buy some rainbow flags en-route and disable their blues and two's

£2220 for the year.

Used to pay £980 as a single person living 10 minutes down the road.

Mental

A universal tax that we pay for after being taxed - inefficient mess. Should be deducted at source, will improve efficiency and free up courts from having to stamp through court orders for folk who get into difficulties - although I’m sure the bailiffs won’t like the loss of that cash cow. For those who get a rebate it won’t be complex for the government to haircut the amount individual households pay based on their circumstances….the existing tax credit system already does that to a degree.

Once deducted at source the “bill” should go up by your blended income tax % so it’s cost neutral for the government but by more local council funding coming from us “directly” then the more they get held to account by us come local election time.

A universal tax that we pay for after being taxed - inefficient mess. Should be deducted at source, will improve efficiency and free up courts from having to stamp through court orders for folk who get into difficulties - although I’m sure the bailiffs won’t like the loss of that cash cow. For those who get a rebate it won’t be complex for the government to haircut the amount individual households pay based on their circumstances….the existing tax credit system already does that to a degree.

Once deducted at source the “bill” should go up by your blended income tax % so it’s cost neutral for the government but by more local council funding coming from us “directly” then the more they get held to account by us come local election time.
I would think it is difficult as it would become a poll tax as everyone earning would pay it, not just per household, I actually thought the poll tax was a decent idea, if you have 4 adults using the services why do they pay the same as the poor singleton next door?

I live on my own and just discovered this week that I am not getting the 25% single person discount. I have been in the house for two years. I went online and filled a form in to apply for the discount, and explaining I hadn’t realised I was being charged the full amount. Not sure if they will reimburse me the money? Any legal experts out there?

I live on my own and just discovered this week that I am not getting the 25% single person discount. I have been in the house for two years. I went online and filled a form in to apply for the discount, and explaining I hadn’t realised I was being charged the full amount. Not sure if they will reimburse me the money? Any legal experts out there?
Pretty sure that you will get monies back as according to what I’ve seen when Martin Lewis going on about it should they ever have you in the wrong band you’ll be refunded the whole time you were in the wrong band.

I challenged my banding but they weren’t for having it, the bastards. Given my 2 neighbours are 5 bedders with integral garages and I’m in a 3 bedder with no garage, I can’t quite fathom that one out. And yep all in the same band. Bastards.

Pretty sure that you will get monies back as according to what I’ve seen when Martin Lewis going on about it should they ever have you in the wrong band you’ll be refunded the whole time you were in the wrong band.

I challenged my banding but they weren’t for having it, the bastards. Given my 2 neighbours are 5 bedders with integral garages and I’m in a 3 bedder with no garage, I can’t quite fathom that one out. And yep all in the same band. Bastards.
Cheers Mike.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.