New fans/tourists are embarrassing

Did anyone notice the Aussies last night in the North Stand? They came in about 10 mins into the game sitting in the wrong seats and stuff. Once sat down one of them commented "Aww jeez, we've missed a goal" grrrr!!

SilvaisSkyBlue said:
Damocles said:
mcfcliam said:
Now I know we need them to 'move forward as a club' but...

First thing I noticed when I got in the ground last night was the amount of tourists taking an unreal and ridiculous amount of photos, while wearing a half and half scarf!

One of them even tried throwing me out of my seat, claiming it was his, when his was clearly the one next to mine...this is my season ticket seat you fucking bellwhaft! His mate was infront of us so he wanted to be 'nearer' to him (?!?!?!?!)

Anyway, nearer to kick off, this group of about 15 people (all wearing snide City shirts) went to the front and had a big photo together and then started some chant of their own...WTF?! Why the fuck are you chanting something which has no fucking relevance to City whatsoever? It's like me turning up to Anfield and singing my own song!

The amount of times I heard this blokes' camera was doing my head in...I was going to sleep with the noise in my head!

It's embarrassing that we have 'fans' like the OP. You don't understand what City are, nor appreciate the history of this club. You're as big as an embarrassment to the club as the Green and Gold are to United. You run off ranting to yourself without a trace of irony whilst SPECTACULARLY missing the point of why City are special and what differentiates us from those over the road.

Well said and could not put it any better than this ^^^^^^^

Not quite.

He actually spectacularly misses the point as to why the OP, and blues of our generation feel so strongly on this topic, I touched briefly on it in my first response to the thread.

Some pretty bold and unfair claims in there from him too, unjustified in my opinion.

I suppose I could be classed as a tourist these days. Born and brought up for my first 10 years on Claremont road, about 5 minutes walk from Maine Road. Then the next 9 years in Longsight. Therefore City were my local club. Now I'm living in sunny (ha!) Ireland and try to get over for three or four games a season, finances permitting. And when I do get over I do take a few photos as memories of my trip. Sorry if that upsets some on here.

Gaylord du Bois said:
machiavellian said:
Q8-Blue said:
long story, but in condensed version. I started following football seriously after the 2010 WC, before that i was a casual fan. In the 90s every1 loved utd and i wasn't part of it, so i can relate a bit to city fans in the 90s during the utd craze.

Well after following football a bit during the WC, I saw a lot of anti-city articles everywhere, there was this team owned by an Arab from the UAE (i'm from Q8 we're close) and chaired by an Arab and they were getting some serious vitriol by the media. I was drawn, started following them then and there. Glad to see that in one part of Manchester, Arabs aren't the obvious terrorists but are actually thought of positively. Now that i know about the history and what the club went through, and getting to know a couple of the fans on twitter and blue moon well how can't you love City!!!

lol

In the 90s every1 loved utd and i wasn't part of it, so i can relate a bit to city fans in the 90s during the utd craze.

lol
Why the lol ?
And why do you say you're 21 (not for the first time)when you obviously aren't.

Well put Q8 and for the record I live nearer to France than I do to Manchester.

And that reflects on my age how?

It's about as much as I could muster.

jimharri said:
I suppose I could be classed as a tourist these days. Born and brought up for my first 10 years on Claremont road, about 5 minutes walk from Maine Road. Then the next 9 years in Longsight. Therefore City were my local club. Now I'm living in sunny (ha!) Ireland and try to get over for three or four games a season, finances permitting. And when I do get over I do take a few photos as memories of my trip. Sorry if that upsets some on here.

If you were a proper blue, you would not live in Ireland! In fact, you would not live outside the 'm' postcode. Plastic ****, fuck off and take your sexified pictures with you!

Please don't go.

jimharri said:

as i take the mick out of every time you say you're a local etc. do one you fairweather fan.

jimharri said:
Rag tourist.

machiavellian said:
SilvaisSkyBlue said:
Damocles said:
It's embarrassing that we have 'fans' like the OP. You don't understand what City are, nor appreciate the history of this club. You're as big as an embarrassment to the club as the Green and Gold are to United. You run off ranting to yourself without a trace of irony whilst SPECTACULARLY missing the point of why City are special and what differentiates us from those over the road.

Well said and could not put it any better than this ^^^^^^^

Not quite.

He actually spectacularly misses the point as to why the OP, and blues of our generation feel so strongly on this topic, I touched briefly on it in my first response to the thread.

Some pretty bold and unfair claims in there from him too, unjustified in my opinion.
You seem to think your generation has put up with more shit regarding being a blue than any other generation+in my opinion that's bollocks.Why shouldn't they be welcomed?

SWP's back said:
Identical background? No
Lads I grew up with? No

I guess I'm fucked then. I'll give up my ticket.
I'll join you as I don't have a Manc accent. Mind you, I've got irate South Standers wanting my blood in t'other thread because I pointed out the bleeding fucking obvious; it didn't work.

Has anyone pointed out the massive irony of this thread yet? That being our owner and his kids wearing City shirts with a City birthday cake? Our owner visiting our ground with his entourage? Our owner having nothing in common with us at all?
Just think Liam, if he hadn't have come trundling in with his foreign size 12's, we would still have a more local based support and the tourists would be over the road.
Fuck off Sheikh you horrible bastard, you're making our die hard fans upset!!

;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.