New fans/tourists are embarrassing

JoeMercer'sWay said:
jimharri said:
I suppose I could be classed as a tourist these days. Born and brought up for my first 10 years on Claremont road, about 5 minutes walk from Maine Road. Then the next 9 years in Longsight. Therefore City were my local club. Now I'm living in sunny (ha!) Ireland and try to get over for three or four games a season, finances permitting. And when I do get over I do take a few photos as memories of my trip. Sorry if that upsets some on here.

as i take the mick out of every time you say you're a local etc. do one you fairweather fan.
Er, no; I'll hang around for another little while. No good being a gloryhunter and pissing off just as a bit of glory might be on the horizon.

machiavellian said:
Gaylord du Bois said:
machiavellian said:
Why the lol ?
And why do you say you're 21 (not for the first time)when you obviously aren't.

Well put Q8 and for the record I live nearer to France than I do to Manchester.

And that reflects on my age how?

It's about as much as I could muster.
It's not reflective of your age its reflective of your obvious previous existence on here.
If you're 21 then I'm Stephen Hawking

mcfcliam said:
Damocles said:
mcfcliam said:
Now I know we need them to 'move forward as a club' but...

First thing I noticed when I got in the ground last night was the amount of tourists taking an unreal and ridiculous amount of photos, while wearing a half and half scarf!

One of them even tried throwing me out of my seat, claiming it was his, when his was clearly the one next to mine...this is my season ticket seat you fucking bellwhaft! His mate was infront of us so he wanted to be 'nearer' to him (?!?!?!?!)

Anyway, nearer to kick off, this group of about 15 people (all wearing snide City shirts) went to the front and had a big photo together and then started some chant of their own...WTF?! Why the fuck are you chanting something which has no fucking relevance to City whatsoever? It's like me turning up to Anfield and singing my own song!

The amount of times I heard this blokes' was doing my head in...I was going to sleep with the noise in my head!

It's embarrassing that we have 'fans' like the OP. You don't understand what City are, nor appreciate the history of this club. You're as big as an embarrassment to the club as the Green and Gold are to United. You run off ranting to yourself without a trace of irony whilst SPECTACULARLY missing the point of why City are special and what differentiates us from those over the road.

You can fuck off, you two faced prick.

PM'ing me a while back saying sorry for outbursts and now resorting to insults again.
Where's that ROFLcopter when you need it!

mcfcliam said:
Damocles said:
mcfcliam said:

First thing I noticed when I got in the ground last night was the amount of tourists taking an unreal and ridiculous amount of photos, while wearing a half and half scarf!

One of them even tried throwing me out of my seat, claiming it was his, when his was clearly the one next to mine...this is my season ticket seat you fucking bellwhaft! His mate was infront of us so he wanted to be 'nearer' to him (?!?!?!?!)

Anyway, nearer to kick off, this group of about 15 people (all wearing snide City shirts) went to the front and had a big photo together and then started some chant of their own...WTF?! Why the fuck are you chanting something which has no fucking relevance to City whatsoever? It's like me turning up to Anfield and singing my own song!

The amount of times I heard this blokes' camera was doing my head in...I was going to sleep with the noise in my head!

It's embarrassing that we have 'fans' like the OP. You don't understand what City are, nor appreciate the history of this club. You're as big as an embarrassment to the club as the Green and Gold are to United. You run off ranting to yourself without a trace of irony whilst SPECTACULARLY missing the point of why City are special and what differentiates us from those over the road.

You can fuck off, you two faced prick.

PM'ing me a while back saying sorry for outbursts and now resorting to insults again.

I might aswell join in, [bigimg]http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/THISGONBGUD.gif[/bigimg]

mike winterwasp said:
I've been going for 44 years (doesn't make me any better or worse than any other fan). Some hilarious rags of my acquaintance ask me what i'll do when the Sheikh gets bored and pulls his money out. I tell them I'll still go to the match whenever my team is playing whether they're playing in Europe or the Evostik League (they can't understand my answer and when they ask, I tell them it's nothing to do with them, they'll never get it).

Supporting City is truly something special: something to be shared with new supporters, the more the merrier. Great in the good times and equally great in the bad times.

Great post Mike, I feel exactly the same. These "I'm bluer than you types" really do not see the bigger picture, we are now a global brand and the more new fans we get the better the "project" is working.
It's a price we pay to be where we are now and where we will be in the future.
So please make all the new fans welcome, after all without them there would have been more empty seats.
Stands back and waits for the idiotic comments about it would be better to have 10.000 empty seats and no "tourist" fans... yawn. I don't think the Sheikh wants any empty seats.
I've been to over to watch Barca on 6 or 7 occasions and their games are attended by hundreds/thousands of tourist supporters (me being one of them) who spend good money on stadium tours and merchandise. In todays football with FFP it makes good commercial sense to encourage as many "new" supporters as possible to attend games, buy merchandise and spread the word.
So lets embrace our new found friends and educate them about City, and above all spread the word that the Bluemoon is rising.

mcfcliam said:

The amount of times I heard this blokes' camera was doing my head in...I was going to sleep with the noise in my head!

Fuck me Liam..Just got in from work to read this from yourself. Are you for real? I have told you before,why don't you put your concerns the Khaldoon/Mansour about there vision and the fact it is going to attract so called new blues or tourist blues...Your attitude is all that is wrong with City-If you weren't there at Macc away/York Away/Wycombe away then you aren't welcome!!! Get a grip lad or stay in the dark ages.

Any blue be it new or old is as good a blue as the next. I am sure you post these threads to try to beat your "28k Napoli thread"!!!

DavidM said:
mike winterwasp said:
I've been going for 44 years (doesn't make me any better or worse than any other fan). Some hilarious rags of my acquaintance ask me what i'll do when the Sheikh gets bored and pulls his money out. I tell them I'll still go to the match whenever my team is playing whether they're playing in Europe or the Evostik League (they can't understand my answer and when they ask, I tell them it's nothing to do with them, they'll never get it).

Supporting City is truly something special: something to be shared with new supporters, the more the merrier. Great in the good times and equally great in the bad times.

Great post Mike, I feel exactly the same. These "I'm bluer than you types" really do not see the bigger picture, we are now a global brand and the more new fans we get the better the "project" is working.
It's a price we pay to be where we are now and where we will be in the future.
So please make all the new fans welcome, after all without them there would have been more empty seats.
Stands back and waits for the idiotic comments about it would be better to have 10.000 empty seats and no "tourist" fans... yawn. I don't think the Sheikh wants any empty seats.
I've been to over to watch Barca on 6 or 7 occasions and their games are attended by hundreds/thousands of tourist supporters (me being one of them) who spend good money on stadium tours and merchandise. In todays football with FFP it makes good commercial sense to encourage as many "new" supporters as possible to attend games, buy merchandise and spread the word.
So lets embrace our new found friends and educate them about City, and above all spread the word that the Bluemoon is rising.

Nail on the head.

agree with Davidm and mikeW -- yes weve all had a pop at the scum "tourists" with their cameras -- BUT until our LOYAL , LOCAL fans can be arsed to fill the ground on CL nights of League cup nights then dont knock the new fans -- and ps ive had a season ticket for over 35 years - and born n bred in manc -- so easier to join the loyal , local brigade than most but i dont -- i embrace the new fans and the new owners and OUR new success !! get your "im better than you " heads outta the sand and SUPPORT what everyone is achieving for OUR great club .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.