New fans/tourists are embarrassing

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Beautiful, just beautiful. Congratulations on such a succinct post.

But were you at Bristol Rovers in the cup the midweek they announced Gary Flipflop as the sub ;)

Thought not. I could run from my front door to the Main Stand croft in less than ten seconds flat.

Beat that!
come on Tolm everyone knows the yard stick is York away

we took well over 83,000 that faitful night

tolmie's hairdoo said:
fbloke said:
Give it another 20 or so years and I will have been supporting City as long as my dad did.

You may remember the thread I started when he sadly passed away. He was a real Blue, as Blue as they come.

Saw good years and extremely fallow ones too, as mots City fans have and then BOOM the late 60's and early 70's happened and he was there too.

As Trigger (who was a very close friend of dads') will point out dad stopped going to the match some years ago, even though City were still central to who he was, how he felt about himself.

Back in '68 when he and iirc 5 others were belting down the old A1 back from Newcastle in an MGB one of them had just watched his first game.

That plastic fan only went to Newcastle because City were in with a shout of winning the title, he readily admitted to being a 'glory hunter' but he bought a season ticket the next season and has done every season since - Liam, do the maths he now has far more City following years home and many, many times away than you.

I personally don't go to the matches as often as I would like anymore either, circumstances mean that I have to watch from afar but I was there on the old Kippax for about 17 seasons (as a paying punter not a local jibber), I was there when we all went to Stoke on boxing day, I was there when we went to Notts County in the cup to see their keeper play out of his skin.

What I am trying to say Liam is that, right now you think you are THE type of fan than deserves more recognition or plaudits but to me and others like my dad and his mates, like Trigger for example, you could be considered a lightweight who is barely fit to talk about our great club because you havent suffered enough yet.

It all depends what each persons POV is and it a very personal thing.

But I know there will likely be a time when you are 41 or 51 or 61 when you no longer go as often as you do now and a snotty nosed lad in his late teens or early twenties looks down his nose at you as he hasnt seen you there before. Perhaps he may be the one who is sat in the seat you currently call yours?

And finally one last point, I am, and my dad was, always happy to take new people to the games with us. I know a lot of other people do that as well.

We love(d) nothing more than introducing others to the experience of being a Blue. Some keep it up, others drop it like a hot spud.

But I suppose we should never have done that really should we?

And right now, as we take a snapshot of the City fan base your opinion matters more because you go to every game.

But then perhaps the fact that I have likely watched City more often than you (including reserves, youth games etc) you should ask me for permission to talk about my club before you type a single fucking word?

But I welcome all newcomers, as you are to me, to City and encourage them to get as fully involved as possible.

So Liam, welcome to the City faithful - and, working to your rules of fandom I herby give you my permission to carry on being a Blue and supporting my club, my dad's club, my grandad's club.

Look after them will you, and make sure that when, in the future, you hand the supporting role over to someone else there is in fact someone else left to hand it over to.

But were you at Bristol Rovers in the cup the midweek they announced Gary Flipflop as the sub ;)

Thought not. I could run from my front door to the Main Stand croft in less than ten seconds flat.

Beat that!

Taking the distance from the back yard wall of my house (94 Thornton Road) and the back perimeter wall of the Kippax/Platt Lane stands ( Please note NOT Umbro Stand ) at the most generous to be 20 feet I reckon I win.

And as I watched many games from my bedroom window from my lofty top bunk position, again I feel I win.

You see, everyone else is a lightweight, fly by night, johnny come lately fan really.

;-)

fbloke said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
fbloke said:
Give it another 20 or so years and I will have been supporting City as long as my dad did.

You may remember the thread I started when he sadly passed away. He was a real Blue, as Blue as they come.

Saw good years and extremely fallow ones too, as mots City fans have and then BOOM the late 60's and early 70's happened and he was there too.

As Trigger (who was a very close friend of dads') will point out dad stopped going to the match some years ago, even though City were still central to who he was, how he felt about himself.

Back in '68 when he and iirc 5 others were belting down the old A1 back from Newcastle in an MGB one of them had just watched his first game.

That plastic fan only went to Newcastle because City were in with a shout of winning the title, he readily admitted to being a 'glory hunter' but he bought a season ticket the next season and has done every season since - Liam, do the maths he now has far more City following years home and many, many times away than you.

I personally don't go to the matches as often as I would like anymore either, circumstances mean that I have to watch from afar but I was there on the old Kippax for about 17 seasons (as a paying punter not a local jibber), I was there when we all went to Stoke on boxing day, I was there when we went to Notts County in the cup to see their keeper play out of his skin.

What I am trying to say Liam is that, right now you think you are THE type of fan than deserves more recognition or plaudits but to me and others like my dad and his mates, like Trigger for example, you could be considered a lightweight who is barely fit to talk about our great club because you havent suffered enough yet.

It all depends what each persons POV is and it a very personal thing.

But I know there will likely be a time when you are 41 or 51 or 61 when you no longer go as often as you do now and a snotty nosed lad in his late teens or early twenties looks down his nose at you as he hasnt seen you there before. Perhaps he may be the one who is sat in the seat you currently call yours?

And finally one last point, I am, and my dad was, always happy to take new people to the games with us. I know a lot of other people do that as well.

We love(d) nothing more than introducing others to the experience of being a Blue. Some keep it up, others drop it like a hot spud.

And right now, as we take a snapshot of the City fan base your opinion matters more because you go to every game.

But then perhaps the fact that I have likely watched City more often than you (including reserves, youth games etc) you should ask me for permission to talk about my club before you type a single fucking word?

But I welcome all newcomers, as you are to me, to City and encourage them to get as fully involved as possible.

So Liam, welcome to the City faithful - and, working to your rules of fandom I herby give you my permission to carry on being a Blue and supporting my club, my dad's club, my grandad's club.

Look after them will you, and make sure that when, in the future, you hand the supporting role over to someone else there is in fact someone else left to hand it over to.

Beat that!

Taking the distance from the back yard wall of my house (94 Thornton Road) and the back perimeter wall of the Kippax/Platt Lane stands ( Please note NOT Umbro Stand ) at the most generous to be 20 feet I reckon I win.

And as I watched many games from my bedroom window from my lofty top bunk position, again I feel I win.

You see, everyone else is a lightweight, fly by night, johnny come lately fan really.

;-)

I'm closer than 20ft. You are only up to the perimeter wall. I'm in the fucking Main Stand playing tick-e-it and british bulldog by then.

fbloke said:

I really empathise with this point FB
Wherever I go on my travels or wherever I work I'll always be known for being a City fan
Doesn't matter what great things I may or may not have done everyone will remember that I followed city
I'm always prothelsising the blue faith and getting more to sign up
Recently had a hol in Beunos Aries that led, indirectly, to meeting a couple of Argentinians working over here. I've got them tickets for games and getting them hooked on city.

Liam, it is clear, is a troll and feels superior. He and his little gaggle of fools come on here and try their cool put-downs of anyone who has an opposing view. Like many have said before me, they're the one's we should be embarrassed about, which their ickle city viewpoint and their gang mentality.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
fbloke said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Beat that!

;-)

I'm closer than 20ft. You are only up to the perimeter wall. I'm in the fucking Main Stand playing tick-e-it and british bulldog by then.

Listen to you and your laaah de daaah Main Stand attitude ;-)

I bet your dad wasn't the postie for Maine Road those was he?

****pulls shirt over head and runs around room****

A guy called Twedom KunSri Larweh added me on Facebook & said to me on chat "Gud am Dennis, am Ben from Ghana. A young talented footballer with the desire to play MCFC Academy. I want u to help me get the chance to get a trial stint with the team. I want to send u some video clips of me so u can help me. What do u think? Please let me know what u have to say. Enjoy ur day"

SS117 said:
A guy called Twedom KunSri Larweh added me on Facebook & said to me on chat "Gud am Dennis, am Ben from Ghana. A young talented footballer with the desire to play MCFC Academy. I want u to help me get the chance to get a trial stint with the team. I want to send u some video clips of me so u can help me. What do u think? Please let me know what u have to say. Enjoy ur day"

He just needs your bank account details and for you to forward him £1,000 so he buy a camcorder and a computer to upload them on to.

daveduke67 said:
SS117 said:

He just needs your bank account details and for you to forward him £1,000 so he buy a camcorder and a computer to upload them on to.
But I'm not going to do that if he doesn't track back!<br /><br />-- Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:53 pm --<br /><br />
daveduke67 said:
SS117 said:

But I'm not going to do that if he doesn't track back!

MATCITY said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Beat that!
come on Tolm everyone knows the yard stick is York away

we took well over 83,000 that faitful night

This is true

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.