New home kit?

Manchestercitychorlton said:
kurious oranj said:
from twitter

@MissNataliePike Natalie Pike

Just seen the new @MCFC home kit and please to tell you all its really nice! White v neck, sky blue. Shorts are blue, socks are stripes x

blue shorts?
Blue shorts and stripy socks. They have really fucked up here...

excuse my french, but god fucking dammit!!!!

blue shorts???? what the fuck umbro? as if the shirt wasnt bad enough..... and all this time I have been saying not that bad ect.

another generation said:
AJ71 said:
I am sure we had a kit (early 70's?) that had white shorts with a maroon strip down the sides, that coupled with last years socks, would have been good.
Are you thinking of the Kappa/brother combination of 1997-99? That had maroon trim alongside the Kappa logo on the sides of the shorts. Glad we've already got the Etihad sponsorship in the box, or I'd be worried. How are SAAB doing, these days?

No was Bell/Lee era, adding a maroon stripe probaly constituted quite a significant kit change at the time.

Ha ha SAAB, wasn't the deal for that supposed to include a new SAAB for all the players if we won the league!

It feels like they have thrown everything which made the other kits so good, right out of the ****ing window.

The home kit is horrific and on a Le Coq Sportif level. We'll look cheap and nasty at home in our first Champion's League run.

Just back from the kit launch, can confirm that the shirt is the one we've seen, the shorts are blue and the socks are striped.

Sounds as fucking dreadful as I feared... big bollock dropped by City and Umbro this year.

The thing that really gets me is that if you look at the top european/world football clubs - they rarely fuck about with their home kits - pick a year from the last 60 years and you can pretty much guarantee that the Rags kit will be same now as then - red shirt, white shorts, black socks, Arsenal the same, Barca, Real Madrid, Juventus, Inter and AC Milan etc, etc.
Look at ours and it's up and down like a whore's drawers!

Last season's kit was perfection - that is how it should be year in year out - I don't give a f@ck that last seasons home shirt was similar to the season before - firstly I don't agree that it was stylewise, but it was skyblue and white - that's what it should be... always! We should always wear white shorts and always skyblue socks, preferably with maroon trim!

I know in the modern game, with the FFPR to contend with, that changing shirts every year means a lot of revenue towards compliance, fine I can live with that! But let's be honest, how many adults buy the full kit - shorts & socks? Why not keep them for say 4 seasons, and just change the shirt every year?

Anyway, rant over and £45 saved for me this season!

Ric said:
Just back from the kit launch, can confirm that the shirt is the one we've seen, the shorts are blue and the socks are striped.
I surely won't be buying it then. Our first Champions League season and we going to be wearing the worst kit we've worn in three years at least.

Hate the shirt as I've already said a fair few times. Blue shorts = bad, worst Umbro effort by far out of the past three seasons. Glad I got last season's on the cheap now.

I know it's not that important but I've got to say I hate the new shirt and the whole kit sounds awful.

What are the club thinking of accepting this from Umbro?

Dont buy it people.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.