New home kit?

Re: New home kit???

ChorltonCity said:
Navy Blue has been on our kits many times. check out the early 90s period (my favourite era until now).
Also check the kit we were wearing in the 5-1 against the rags.
dario2739 said:
It will have to look a hell of a lot better in the flesh to change my opinion - cos I think that looks shite to be honest!
The dot/soundwave just looks tacky - disappointing really as Umbro have really done us proud since we went back to them. The one worrying thing for me is the Umbro badge and Etihad being navy blue... as far as i'm concerned navy blue has no part on a Man City shirt... that colour goes on a Coventry kit, and what worries me even more is that this will mean a return to navy blue socks!!!!
Then again, after the perfection of last season's kit it was always going to be downhill!

I'm nearly 42 mate, so well aware that we have had navy blue on our kits before... that doesn't mean it should be there! Our shirts should be Sky Blue and White only in my opinion!
Also (the 5-1 aside and promotion back to the prem) the times when navy blue has appeared on our kit coincides with the darkest days of our history!
Our most successful period (late 60's/early 70's) we wore sky blue with white trim with sky blue socks with maroon turnovers.... we wear that again and whadda ya know... finish 3rd and win a cup... are you listening Umbro???

ok, only read up to a certain point in the thread, so apologies if its been said already.

Iv a direct source at (REMOVED NAME), they have confirmed that the kit is SIMILAR and that it does have the waveform on the front, BUT that its not the kit! They tell me the sides are different and general look. The song is 'bluemoon'

They also told me the other away one (they haven't seen this one, its the 3rd kit) will have another waveform to the song 'city til i die'. I didn't know we were having a 3rd kit, and they haven't seen it themselves but hey! its what they are told.

Hope that helps

Edit: After reading back through the pages, i see someone said they had it confirmed. Well more messages to my source, suggests no its defo different. Im told they were shown it yesterday and for a start the 'etihad' sponsor is a different colour.

OhDannyBoy said:
ok, only read up to a certain point in the thread, so apologies if its been said already.

Iv a direct source at Umbro, they have confirmed that the kit is SIMILAR and that it does have the waveform on the front, BUT that its not the kit! They tell me the sides are different and general look. The song is 'bluemoon'

They also told me the other away one (they haven't seen this one, its the 3rd kit) will have another waveform to the song 'city til i die'. I didn't know we were having a 3rd kit, and they haven't seen it themselves but hey! its what they are told.

Hope that helps
the third kit is last years away

MATCITY said:
OhDannyBoy said:

Iv a direct source at Umbro, they have confirmed that the kit is SIMILAR and that it does have the waveform on the front, BUT that its not the kit! They tell me the sides are different and general look. The song is 'bluemoon'

Hope that helps
the third kit is last years away

This is what I thought, hence why i questioned them. They told me they have no idea on the 3rd and thats the only one they havn't been told anything about other then the 'city til i die' part. Theyve told me they're gonna try find a bit more info for me.

Has it been officially said that the away will be the 3rd kit? I dont know why i thought it would be or where I got it from either lol

Pigeonho said:
greeny-ctid said:
i really like this and i hope its the new kit!

in Umbro we trust! :D
It will be it. If it isn't I will bet my house that Umbro will employ whoever designed and manufactured it, because fakes simply aren't that well made. That kid there has thought 'fuck you Umbro for making me sweat my arse off for a bowl of rice, i'm getting this beauty in the domain', and thats that. There's no way that is a fake. I'm with you too, I think it's absolutely stunning.

i was thinking the same tbh mate it has to much detail to be a fake and yeah same just hope the socks and shorts are as nice :)

OhDannyBoy said:
Has it been officially said that the away will be the 3rd kit? I dont know why i thought it would be or where I got it from either lol

Yes. It's on the City Club Shop as the 11/12 kit.

The red and black away kit has a sound wave on it. Your sources probably mean that.

I quite like it, not as much as the past two, but I could see it being legit. With FFP they can't keep having very similar kits because they've got to encourage people to buy the new ones. I'd certainly be getting it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.